Saturday, April 26, 2008

Trip to the Zoo >>

follow us to the zoo which ends up in Athena's gut!

You know what's the problem (or maybe it's not a problem, just that I am problematic troublesome) if you try to do nice-looking food at home?
:)
You end up having sparsely placed food coz' there's no nice small plate to put in it. Okay, I get the hint, I shall see if I can buy nice plain plates from Ikea.
Apparently this picture don't look pleasing to the eyes, so is the food.

Wanted to make use of the stencils but decided to change it to an ANIMAL DAY since the animals nori are about to expire. While preparing, Mr Postman came with my treasure, which has animals rice mould but I'm about to lose the interest in preparing for her, coz' I dunno what to prepare for her (too fussy! You'll be hearing this sentence from me now and then) and it's so hot in the kitchen!
Speaking of which, I used the Penguin cutter to cut the sausage.
Bad news #1 - the sausage's finished, no choice had to use the canned cocktail sausage.
And another I tried to cut the octopus. Umm.......either I'm really useless or impatient or stupid my octopus looks nice when it's still in the pot of hot oil but the moment I took it out, the tentacles couldn't open (so in this picture I laid it in between - making it look more like a 'isu')

On close up I saw the penguin face (not in this picture I was too overzealous and fried too long, so all wrinkled up when I took this picture). Notice one of my octopus is bai-ka (crippled)
Bad news #2 - egg is too small to put in egg mould.
Bad news #3 - no ketchup! Argh! Not that she eats ketchup but I need it to sautee that few animal pasta which are for decorative purposes. Can you believe it?! I have bento accessories but no Ketchup!!! I have lots of chilli though

Other than that, this meal is really too simple. I dunno why I'm so bloody thick-skin to put out my horrible work for the world to see.

Did she finish? No! She took way too long to finish this meal, finished all the furikake, nori, sausages, egg, pasta but left with 2 rice. Say I fed up or not? Stand inside in the kitchen; so bloody hot and she don't eat, citing tired-ness. Of course lah! Eat so slow... eat until her nap time.

No comments: