Sunday, April 6, 2008

Proven!

This is another prove of how well children can remember things below the age of 6.

Am showing Aricia "Famous Inventors" flashcards, and sometimes I'll get Athena to join in if I'm repeating sessions on weekdays, if not she only sees it on weekends. Only twice she saw it, she recognizes the faces. Although she does it so rarely, the two of them will give me correct answers when I test them. Funny thing, I asked how she can recognise George Washington Carver. "Because he is Indian.." I corrected her,"he's not Indian but a negroid (I almost sounded very prejudiced when I was about to say 'black' but quickly ate my words. Yup! not wrong in saying negroid coz' immigrants came to the "Promised Land" and one group of africans came unwillingly. They were slaved in the new land.)

Now, I explain further to Athena. So far, I've explained to her
a) Alexander Graham Bell (telephone)
b) Samuel F.B. Morse (telegraph and morse codes)
c) Orville and Wilbur Wright (airplane)
She remembers what they invented but can't remember the year. Heck lah! I can't even remember the numbers myself!!
She was interested in the morse code which I tapped on the table SOS morsecode, I can't find the torchlight to show her the code. Yah! Must teach her survival skill just incase she gets lost somewhere. Haha!
And she thought the first airplane looked funny. I almost wanted to "disturb her further" by telling her they have chairtable and no food and no TV

No comments: