Monday, April 28, 2008

Setback #1

Even before leaving Sin, we're having problems with our bookings. All the emailing between the accomodations wasted my time. What's the problem? Card rejected. It's a nightmare!! It's not only 1 or 2 but 3 cards!

The main nightmare started when a few establishments emailed that the card is rejected. I thought the piano can't be the cause coz' it didn't use up half his limit + accomodations don't work out to more than NZD$3oo for each place (approx 2 nights in each place) so it can't be the credit limit. So I used his another card, same problem, then I used my own card - different merchant bank also cannot. Wah piang.......definitely not my credit limit lah! Those bentos stuffs don't eat into my limit.
I also feel very paiseh leh.. those people there are trying to help me by trying a few times on our cards to get rejected - they must be thinking "these are free-loaders" I don't know if we're worth their time, earning that few bucks from us and they have to work like shit over our stupid cards.
One lady so nicely explained to me that the cards must be rejected due to the microchip which some POS machines don't seem to recognize the card, once in awhile they do encounter it. So it's not our fault; neither is it theirs but the bank. Anyway, I called our banks last night. They explained "no problem with your cards and limit so how come they have problem?" Ehh.........like not helping me to solve the problem right? And all cards come with microchips now what, so even if I call the bank to change my cards it'll be back to square1. I commented to the Citibank staff "wah... their machine so backward meh?" she bursts out laughing while trying to compose her professionalism. Anyway, I did explain my worry to the staffs "if it's their machine, what happens if our cards get rejected there? Have to wash plates and work for our holidays."

Tonight I emailed back with another of hubby's non-microchip card (I wonder if anyone has much problem as we did) to various places explaining to them, and I can't believe I was joking with them :
"if not we'll have to swim across islands with floats; sleep in tents and..(to a thermal village) I wrote my 2 girls can do the pom pom and haka for you, they scream real loud."

Hubby assure me we won't run into problems there coz he can draw out cash there. Yah! He better, I want to be a tai-tai in this trip and not a laundry woman!!

No comments: