Sunday, April 13, 2008

Playing with food

After reading Mel's blog, it reminded me that I still had the extra fondants from Anna's class.

Surprised Athena when I told her I'll let her play "with the sugar playdoh" today. Why surprise? Coz' I'm known from giving too much assessment books to my child and neglecting her in other leisure areas.
Today, she obediently finished all her assessment books in the morning, gave her a quick music revision, she played her violin (the tuning took a much longer time and I almost gave up) and she get to enjoy the rests of her day.

Before I got into action, I was thinking of doing a sugar doll myself and then not even halfway through.... Aricia woke up and kept disturbing me "bao bao". No need sugar doll liao, this big doll - Aricia - is my sugar honey pie. (when she's naughty and drives me crazy, she's none of the above!)
In the end, decided to do the same as what I gave Athena to do - using her cookie cutters. And she thought I was going to bake em' . She knew what to do, no explanation done, she copied me dipping my finger into the shortening to soften the fondant. She was smiling; grinning and whatever you can describe the happiness in her face versus the "ma.........mee.............bao bao...... (sob sob) ma....mee.......sit sit" and trying hard to get up.

Pictures to tell the story :


See the little sugar honey pie's hand on the table, struggling to see what's going on.

Athena just cut and cut the fondant, while I did one Pooh and then slowly added the brown outline in it.
She can't do anything, but she can eat.........that'll make my sugar honey pie even sweeter.... and more energetic. Argh!
Then I cleaned up the table, while clearing the things away into the sink. That girl sat herself down on the dining chair; reached out her little hand and grabbed one ball of fondant and bite into it (again) - that's alot of sugary stuff today.Ehh...I threw the rests of the fondant away still keeping the chocolate one.

It was only until late in the night after dinner, I decided to bake to put the fondant on it. Otherwise I can't let her just eat fondant right?

Started baking at 8+ close to 9, finished everything at 11+ (I cheated on the time in this blog entry); showered (again) and packed in the rests of the cookies in the canister.
Verdict : 成功 or 失败? 失败 - I think it didn't taste good, tried a new simple recipe. I should have added more butter! But I don't care, my ardent fan better finish the cookies if not I won't buy her any Famous Amos cookies (bribery)

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

They look really good! Anyway, thanks for your views and comments over my blog. I appreciate you taking time to share them.

Lily Ann said...

Hee! I don't think I sound like a bitch in there.... I sound like a mega bitch. Hahaha!
Majority says yes, minority says 'think about it'. Ultimately it's how your heart feels