Thursday, July 13, 2006

Why is she not eating fruits??

I am wondering if I am the one who spoilt her since young. Athena simply refuses to eat fruits and vegetables.

The only fruit she likes is Banana (which has high potassium) . And vegetables - she used to take it until she knows how to pull it out from her mouth. Even small pieces can't be missed!!

I really wonder if her love for rice and dunno how to eat other things also was done by me.

You see, when she was young. I would cook porridge for her. One day putting in threadfin fish; the next day pork; following day chicken etc... So much so that now she has a problem eating other food when we're out either in Singapore or overseas. (we always have to look for chinese). And I thought all children will like fast food. Oh boy, was I wrong. I brought her to McDonald's and the only thing that could go into her mouth was french fries.
And when we pre-order Children's Meal on our flights. She don't even touch a thing! She eats from our adult food.
As for fruits, she did apples; pears that were cooked and smashed into pieces-becoz' chinese believe that our stomach are warm. When she grew older, I introduced her to the fruit itself. She didn't like it, I cooked the same way and still she doesn't eat it.
I'm really so envious of my friends' children who eats everything and anything from the table.
Maybe I will do a test this time round with Aricia. Have to be adventurous to try to cook western baby food for her and umm.... give her celery & carrot sticks with cheese for snacks. (yup! Athena don't like cheese).
I have no choice but to resort to this becoz' I'm having a war with Athena practically everyday, asking her to eat fruits/vegetables. So bad to the extent that I had to bring out the cane and threaten her. Still - it doesn't work.

Last night's incident left me drinking her Pigeon fruit juice infront of her to spike her. And I've told her clearly, no more sweets, chocolates or cookies for you until you learn how to eat fruits and vegetables.

Am I a very bad mother?

No comments: