Friday, July 21, 2006

It's so hard being an employer

I don't know what Zet is thinking of now. Here I am trying to teach her, I walk to whatever place around the house and I asked her to come to me and point it out to her what's not done etc.. She may feel I'm naggy, because sometimes I may come out of the room to spot-check and realise she's forgotten to do something.

Although I must admit she's done well yesterday and today by completing her assigned duties well. But sometimes I know she's forgetful. Not to worry, I still have the patience (at the moment), afterall she's still new here. Which is why I had to guide her. But I wonder how long I will have to guide her along.

Yesterday and today, I had to prompt her to remember to clean the toilet. And infact, I did run with her the duties the night before; the morning itself. And still my toilets were not cleaned. Today (again), I think she got confused with the usual toilet cleaning duties (I taught her the every Mondays scrubbing of toilets duties on Wednesday) and grabbed all the stuffs into the toilet. What she thinks her mum is? A torturer?! Everyday scrub toilet sure die one.... then our utilities also go up.

You know, it's really hard to be an employer. You treat the person good, and hopefully the person returns it to you. You stand firm and act strict, the helper might just turn around and bite you at your buttocks - by running to agency and accuse you of ill-treating. And then who's the one who's being protected?? The helper. Usually the employers gets questioned, and of course the extreme cases do go to court.
I just hope I've set the right foot right from the beginning. I hope she continues her good attitude for the next 2 years. If she turns bad, then I think I'm only suay lor............

No comments: