Friday, July 21, 2006

Verdict!

I mentioned yesterday that I'm going to give the verdict of her cooking.

20th Jul - Lunch
Dish 1 - Her vegetables
Wanted to show her my style of non-greasy cooking (so that she don't have to clean the kitchen twice a day on weekdays). But then I noticed there were so many vegetables - broccoli, wong bok and bean sprouts. So told her bean sprouts needs to be fried, so she did the cooking instead of me.
She took so little bean sprouts which I said can't see anything after you fry it. Vegetables usually look alot, but once you cook they shrink in size.
Beansprouts and broccoli cooked too long. Can't complain much about the gravy coz' I don't like aot of MSG in my food.

Dish 2- The chinese sausage and Teriyaki chicken
Yours truly can't cook so the only thing I can teach her is "How to use the microwave or toaster"
Like a cooking guru I told her "instead of deep frying and having to clean up the whole kitchen, certain things can be "fried" in the toaster.
So these were okay.

20th Jul - Dinner
Prompted her dunno how many times to take out the fish from the freezer since 1+pm . 2+pm until we went down to wash the car at 3+pm, I realised that the fish is still not taken out.
It took us an hour to wash the car, so by the time we got back home was 4+pm.
I dunno if she understood what I meant when I told her "fish as hard as rock. Throw also can kill people, how to eat? How to cut?" Then I showed her the Red Snapper I took out for Athena's dinner and asked her to touch it "soft right? This.. hard right? I don't think it can thaw in time."
Zet: Tall? Yes mum fish tall (actioning the length of fish)
Me: (want to faint) Thaw. T-H-A-W. Ice melt, ice not melt how to cook? Eat already tomorrow mum and Sir go toilet every minute.
Me: (running late to pick Athena up) Never mind, you wait until I come back then I show you fish cannot cook.
Reached home close to 6pm. My eyes opened so wide looking at the fish- all cooked!
Me: You cook the fish? So hard how to cook? How you cut? So hard, you must chop.
Zet: Yes mum I chop (actioned chop). Ah ma also chop fish.
I still think she don't understand what I'm trying to tell her.

Dish 1 - The *gasp* Fish
The dish tastes exactly how mum taught her.Only thing she didn't add the cut chilli because Athena also eats the fish.
Meat not that kind of tender... coz' it was cooked before properly thawed!
She saw my expression.

Dish 2- Vegetables
This time she remembered what I told her in the afternoon. She put so much until we cannot finish.
I still have no problem with the grazy but hubby said "gravy not thick enough". That man even asked me for Soya Sauce, so can you imagine his accustomed taste?!

CONCLUSION :
Okay lah.... like what my girlfriend Moo Han said 'dun hiam lo'

I'm also wondering if she'll get confused when helping me to cook my confinement food.


No comments: