Thursday, July 6, 2006

Better obey the authoritative person

Today had to pop by gynae for a check- earlier than scheduled.

Asked Wee Chee to help me look out for the genital area, so that I can approach the master to select a date for C-section. Baby refused to co-operate. Mom was with me but had to be denied entry first. When Wee Chee called mom in to see the scan, she told mom "baby 不要打开腿 ". The moment she said that, baby actually opened the leg. Wee Chee was saying " 已经打开腿" and we could see the movement of baby's limbs. Open so big the blind also can see it's a girl. We all started laughing and said "看见奶奶在, 被吓坏必须服从." The more we think about it, the more amused we are with Aricia. I think she's going to be as cute as Athena.

Aricia's scared of grandma - the one with more authority than her mummy. Haha!
.............................................................................................
THE ACCURACY OF OLD WIVES TALES
Anyway, since I've confirmed on the gender of baby2. I must say that the Lunar Calendar thing is not 100% accurate. It says that I will expect a boy. Days ago when the staffs at family doctor keep telling me that it is a boy based on my lunar age and month of conception." No lah... they tell you should be a girl, then there are cases of babies born to be a boy." I kept my mind open until now.
Then there are strangers old grannies or aunties (or kapo-ladies I should say) will see my tummy and say it's a boy - coz' tummy sharp. They said they same thing about Athena, which I told them "no, it's a girl." They say "cannot be.." Now history is repeating itself. I think next time I should bring a tape recorder out and playback for them.
Oh! I remember one of my ex-colleague, a father of 5, told me "your nose is big. It's a boy." Ai yoh! I panicked siah... I see myself in the mirror everyday I don't see my nose big - maybe my mouth big (eat alot) more like it.
So, my question is how accurate are these old wives tales?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My weight to date : 63.6kg (1.1kg gained from 3 wks ago. 7.6kg in total. Argh! There goes my target of gaining less than 10kg)

No comments: