Wednesday, July 26, 2006

$$ gone just like that!

Since Athena did not attend school on Monday, I decided it was time to bring her to Paragon - as I needed to look for matching clothes for our photography session.
Needless to say, our first stop was ELC (again) and while playing, I went through the shop looking for new toys. But it was only less than a week after I last went into the shop - there were no new toys. But somehow I still managed to get her this Learning Resources - Patterning for Pre-K and Crayola Color Wonder Outdoor Fun colouring book.

(oh boy! that girl knew all the answers to the Patterning. Wasted my $!)We left the shop with a pink coloured balloon.



She wanted to play in the little playground outside, so I sat down waiting for her. Then I asked her what she wanted to buy for 妹妹.
A: Buy 妹妹 baby things lah!
M: What baby things?
A: Baby use lor....
M: (was about to stop her from the lahs and lors....) What exactly are we looking for?
A: Baby toys??
When she said that, she opened her little Hello Kitty bag and took out her red pouch.
A: Mummy, you hold my Hello Kitty bag for me
A: We go in there to buy (pointing to The First Few Years)
We went in together and she picked up one stuff toy.
A: Mummy, we buy this.
She repeated the sentence a few times so in the end we had 4 different toys infront of us. I had to ask her to make a choice.
A: 妹妹 like this one because got nice nice pink ribbon. Ribbons are for girls.
With that we went to the cashier, and it's really amusing to see her clutching the bear under her armpit while she opened her coin pouch to take out her money.
But then, what she did was she had 2 $2 notes, she took out one, put the other in and took out a coin.
When it was her turn, all she did was to throw the bear on the table (she can't see the counter) and then put her money there. The SA didn't know what's going on, so I told the lady to take the money and put it in the plastic bag for me and take my card to swipe. Still confused....
"Take my card to swipe, she's buying this for her little sister."
We got the present wrapped, not before I asked her which wrapper should we choose.
A: Bear bear one.... match the bear bear.
We left the shop after the present was wrapped up. It's really sweet of her to come out with $3 for a $29.90 Baby Gund toy. But what do you expect from a child who don't understand the value of money. In the end, I gave her back her $2 and added another $2 for her.She happily put in her coin pouch.
The pressie
Our next stop was Dune Designs, bought close to $300 worth of clothings for myself and one set for her. Wanted to pop by the French shop next to Dune Designs as I need to look for a newborn dress, but I guess I was too carried away and forgot about it until I came back home. Never mind, I need to go back tomorrow to pick up one skirt, will check it out then.

No more shopping as alot of damages had been done. We went to Orange Julius for a hot dog for Athena. And then we headed back to Tampines.
Her plain hot dog

Athena was really tired. She was still full of life when we got into the car. As I drove out of Cairnhill, she looked outside in a blurry state. I talked to her; she didn't answer me. Next minute I knew when I was near cross junction of Paterson & Orchard Road, she fell fast asleep.

No comments: