Saturday, July 15, 2006

New lesson learnt from SIL (sister in law)

Yesterday I raved to mom about not giving Athena anymore sweets or chocolates until she starts eating fruits. And I would need their cooperation, in doing the same when she stays overnight(usually they spoil her rotten).
Then in the night, I somehow managed to convince girl to try other fruits besides banana. And she got scared when I told her "no fruits, no sweets forever!" So obediently, she was game to try mango. I didn't give her alot as it is heaty and as long as she tries a new fruit, I'll be happy.
Today, apparently mom shared my complaints to SIL and how I need to seek everyone's co-operation etc.. Then she told mom that the best way is to give her half of the sweet to "reward her" instead of depriving her totally. If not... anyone else may give her sweets and she'll happily pop into her mouth - and worse still lie to us that she didn't eat any sweets. (by then, we have to find ways to deal with a liar kid)
Well, I'm glad she brought that up. Because I didn't think of that at all, all I wanted to do was to 'stand firm and act the authority'.
So today, I told her "Athena would you like to try another new fruit? I will give you Ribena sweets." She said yes and will eat mango again. Told her tomorrow she had to try another fruit like apple or pear.
Let's cross your fingers that I will be able to convince her to eat fruits. Then, I hope to convert that cannibal to eat vegetables as well!

No comments: