Wednesday, July 5, 2006

I see her eyes turning green

Although I think Athena is prepared to be an elder sister, in reality her jealousy is starting to set in as the month slowly goes by.

She probably heard my conversation with Jenny, Elizabeth's mummy while waiting for their music lesson to start earlier on. Where I asked if Victoria (the younger sister) bullies her elder sister, Elizabeth getting away all the time. Elizabeth had been tolerating all her little sister's taunting.

At home, she refused to talk to Aricia. She started to sulk and said "later Aricia bully me, pulls my hair, beat me how?"
Sometime later, she told me "mummy, I dowan mei-mei."
Of course, I did tell her that as the elder sister she has to tolerate the little sister. But - should I see Aricia doing something wrong, I will punish her!

It breaks my heart to hear her say this after all the talking/chatting she did with her sister.
Somehow, her personality confirms my belief that she'll be bullied by Aricia in the future. And although she is naughty at home outside she's a totally different person. She needs to be pushed; she has no guts so to speak.
So which explained how hesitant I was years before to have a second child. I wanted to love her and give her all that I have. I did not like to see the "being bullied" or sad face on her. When she's happy, I am happy!
IS having a second child a bad idea? Has the statement "giving her company" changed for the worst news for Athena?

No comments: