Friday, July 28, 2006

Human Placentophagy anyone?

I know the word sounds bombarstic, but this simply means "eating your own placenta.

I know you will say yucks, I did say that. But having said so, human placenta has also been an ingredient in some TCMs. I mean, I actually bought Goat Placenta capsules to eat also what....
The benefits of eating placenta includes improving one's complexion, reducing hemorrhaging and decreasing the likelihood of postpartum depression.

Was talking about Cord Banking to my mom and casually joked to her about asking my gynae to put the placenta on my face while he is stitching me up. Mom suggested Placentophagy. Yucks! The sight puts me off....
(Imagine checking out of the hospital a few days later with your bag; baby and placenta ?!?!)
But then again, I think of all the nutrients that is inside. And Cassandra See actually bakes it; make into capsules and eat it.
I offered mom Aricia's placenta "hey!It's with the Korean Red Ginseng, birdnests and this time I was also prescribed Wild Ginseng - all the good stuff!" She laughed at my remark.
Anyone up for it?!? Heeheehee..

No comments: