Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day out with helper - 18th July

Had to bring the helper out as I won't be at home almost the whole day. So she was lucky that she got to relax... and didn't have to work much.

But I did tell her to have the whole house swept and mopped before we leave house in the morning.

After my gynae's visit, we went for lunch (Lucky thing I had my Spaggeddies last week, so I didn't have to bring her with me. Not that I'm mistreating her, but I don't want to give her the impression of her "good life" at her initial first few days. Subsequently, will definitely reward her once in a while.) at Lucky Plaza. I wanted to eat the River Valley Nasi Lemak and she had her kway teow.
We went to Paragon to do my shopping, bought some things from Aussino. Then I dropped by girl's favourite place (ELC) to see if there's anything I can get her. Popped by Swell and 9mois. Picked up a top from 9mois. Wandered into The First Few Years , actually I really have nothing to buy already. ( I think) but walking inside gives me the feeling that I'm a first-time mother and I marvel at every little thing, screaming "so cute..." Zzzzzip, back to reality, we don't need to buy again as she's getting her sister's stuffs.
At Growing Fun I managed to get her this :-
It's very interesting and worth it, as it uses logical thinking. I wouldn't want to waste the $$ on trash toys. Let's see how smart she is.... (actually she was able to get a few correct answers). Bought quite alot of stuffs from Paragon alone. Was glad the helper helped me carry everything while I walked infront. Ahem.... I feel like a tai-tai. Hahaha!! (Ps. only thing missing is I need a chauffeur. Currently I'm the chauffeur driving her around)
Went over to Plaza Singapura as I needed to get some ribbons from Spotlight. Ended up buying more things than what I was suppose to buy. Some stuffs are for Athena (again).
She wanted a haircut (I had no qualms about her hair being tied up), so I let her cut at EC House. At first I thought she wanted short as in chinadoll so told the guy. Walked around and came back and she's still not done. Then I asked her to tuck her hair behind her ears and bend forward. Her hair started flipping down, which I told the guy to cut it shorter, as I didn't want her hair to get into the food while she's cooking. Then she frowned and said "no!I want to cut like a man!! Short short!" The guy, me and other staffs and customers turned to look at her. I was stunned! Asked "are you sure?" I don't know how many times this security guard-me walked around patrolling B2.
She came out finally.. and kept apologizing like as if it's her fault like that. "Sorry mum. Sorry mum. I don't know so long.... In Myanmar they cut hair snip snip snip, very fast. I almost fall asleep also." Her comments was so funny that I bursts out laughing.
We did a quick shopping in Carrefour to pick out the things that she just learnt from mom on Monday. Told her we let her try cooking on Thursday to let her practise. And you know what?? Turned out she knows how to select food, I don't have to worry much. And because of the similarity food produce we see, she was so excited seeing them. Maybe she thought that Singapore only stock up on western food. Funny thing is when we went into the Seafood section, while waiting for them to clean the fish for us, she kept staring at the crabs. "they alive??"
M: "Yes! Have to be alive until you're going to cook them. Cannot kill today; eat tomorrow no good."
She seems to be a fast learner and smart also (so far), able to find the things that we need. I know she wanted the Oyster Sauce; sesame oil etc.. so deliberately brought her there. Actually we had them at home but wanted to test her. She knows, maybe it's good too that she can read English.
After grabbing what we need, we had to head back to pick Athena up. Wanted to cook simple at home for dinner (also take the opportunity to teach her how to use microwave & toaster - coz' yours truly can only do these simpld food. Haha!) but we were late all because of that slow man in EC House. So we had to make do with dinner at the coffeeshop downstairs.

The day ended with me giving Athena her lesson and falling asleep while watching TV after that.

No comments: