Saturday, July 8, 2006

Look! Who's sleeping instead?!

I know it's pretty early now, at close to 10pm. Usually at this time, I'll be pushing Athena's buttocks and rush her to brush teeth; wear PJs and sleep. But today I'm exceptionally tired. Reason being I was updating my blog till close to 3am and got up at 9am. Didn't take my afternoon nap at all so you can imagine how tired I was by 6pm.

At 8pm I flopped to bed and wanted to sleep. Athena was making so much noise in the room while I was literally cushioned by pillows all over me, and somehow grabbed one more of her small pillow to cover my ears - to block out the noise she's making.

* tick tock, tick tock* I didn't know what time it was but I heard hubby trying to ask her to sleep. Then she complaint "hungry", I wouldn't be the least surprised coz' she usually has her milk or snacks before she sleeps at 10plus 11. Hubby ignored her, but being a mother and despite how tired I was, I couldn't bear to let my child sleep on an empty stomach. Somehow, he gave in before I pulled myself up, and gave her some cereals.

All these commotions are well heard within my earshot. Then I heard snores from him!! I'm bewildered coz he took two naps today and yet he fell asleep so fast!

Athena was trying to sleep but can't - coz' she's coughing and mucuos-y. All thanks to the snacks she's been taking. Having said that, I'm so furious! Read on the entry on "Snacks" to understand why.
Anyhow, a mother can't totally ignore a child and lull herself to sleep right? Got up to give her a little more food, her Zrytec and her usual 泡参冬虫草, and put Ecualyptus into the swirling thing, wet a towel and prop it over her bed head (have to do that since sleeping in aircon room)

Now the two of them are sound asleep, except for me - the supposedly tired one!

No comments: