Sunday, May 6, 2007

No rules in the house

Was pretty fed up with Athena in the morning. There I was explaining her assessment book instructions to her; there she is eyes wondering about everywhere; hands playing with her crayons.
Asked her the questions a few times; drew a big hint on the square. Asked her where the bear is supposed to be, she still gave me a wrong answer. Did step by step with her, getting fed up from explaining to her, still explained, asked her "so where is bear supposed to be?" That girl gave me wrong answer again.
Told her again and again, "listen carefully" and she was looking elsewhere. Asked her "what did mummy say?" She couldn't answer coz' she wasn't paying attention. You tell me, will you get angry?? Naturally I was fuming mad and I smacked her hard. Ouch! My palm's painful. Argh! I tell you if Satan had taken full control of me, I would have strangled her.

Hubby thought I was abusing my kid for nothing again. Came out of the room and said "enough lah!" Darn! I don't even have an understanding husband who thinks I'm f%^&-ing free to scream at my child over nothing. Girl started crying "I want mummy... I want to do assesment book..I want to listen to mummy...." and then I started hurling harsh words at her. I couldn't take it anymore, the least I need is a husband who's supportive of me and sides me. Instead he - don't even know what is parenting- simply kept quiet. Never even reiterate what mummy's intentions were. When he's suppose to talk; he don't talk. When he's suppose to shut up; he talks rubbish or tries to act funny infront of child.

Girl kept coming to me, I pushed her away. Rejecting & giving her the cold treatment coz' I was really angry with her.

We all went out for lunch, she kept asking to eat my food. I refused and infact ignored her even though she kept saying "mummy... I want to eat.." upteen times. Probably people were looking at me but I just couldn't be bothered with her.

In all, I refused her getting close to me. She kept peering into the room while I was doing things and updating blogs; carrying Aricia to watch her DVD. She did that a couple of times, I turned away the computer screen from the main door and concentrated on the little one. I refused to talk to her.

From the moment we were home, she had been a ting-ting-tong-tong girl. Kept shouting in the house "Supergirl..........fly.........fly..........." Then made so much din the house, I heard hubby scolded her a couple of times. Wonder if he really gets to understand how difficult it is to 'guan-jiao' that girl, and really understands that it's not the gila mother or the mother kena possessed to be angry with child.
Basically she was rule-less. So tao-hong in the house and nobody cares. I get to do my things in a relaxed manner; not so stressed up with that girl; she may be on the other hand happy that she's finally got her freedom. But coz' she suddenly had too much free time she simply didn't know what and how to play; ended up doing and talking rubbish. She wanted to play with so many toys, kept coming to take them from the room. I stopped her and refused to let her play coz' I was the one who bought her those toys. She had better not touch it, it's not meant for her anymore since she don't listen to me. Call me immature or what, but I'm real angry with her.

No comments: