Friday, May 18, 2007

Dua Gu's berry berry sad...

Mom mentioned to me 3 days ago about how brother teared when he felt that Athena has distant herself from him. He was sad and a little 不甘愿 to accept the fact that all the doting for the past 4 years have gone down the drain. I did explain to mom that it's not that I don't want to release her over the weekends but she really has programmes on. So yesterday when I bumped into brother in the hospital, I brought up the issue. I did explain to him that sometimes the phonecall he makes is really at the wrong timing. She's watching TV or playing, which she'll not want to talk to anyone. I mean, even when sometimes I call when she stays over at mom's place she don't want to talk to me. And also explained that that day when he called to ask to bring Athena out for tim sum on a Saturday, she really has programmes on. Then he said I'm giving her too many classes liao. I had to further clarify that when she was 2 years old, and young I didn't have to enrol her for anything, so she had more free time. But now with her being in K1, I need to prepare her for P1. And all those courses I have enrolled her is by far all the "playing around" type. None of it is for serious studying until probably next year I'll enrol her in academic classes and pull her out from her 2 weekend classes. If I compare myself with other parents, I'm still not mad in occupying the whole weekend from morning to late afternoon or evening for classes everywhere around Singapore. Also, usually on weekdays I need to coach her in her studies and music so I can't really allow her to stay over. So he needs to have some understanding from there. Then he revealed that sometimes Athena calls him "papa" "daddy", which I believed made him even happier. And he said "last time I said I want to be Athena's godfather, you say cannot." "Did I say cannot? You want to be..be lor..." "Ai yah, now you say is to give in to me." I kept quiet and wondered if I ever objected, what was the reason? Think and think, think and think. Finally I think I remembered why. I thought being dua-gu is of a closer relation than a godfather, and I also remembered how I kept wondering to myself why my SIL is godma to her niece when she's her ah-yi. But if SIL can be godma to her niece, I thought why not the uncle be godpa to his niece. But I did raise up something to him yesterday and even sometime before, that if (choy!) hubby and myself were to leave this world, I would want him to be her guardian coz' I know he will take good care of her. But now with 2 kids, I dunno if he can cope with my 2 + his own kids. Umm.... do we will this out??