Sunday, May 13, 2007

Study matters

Was going through a few digraphs with Athena, and we had so much fun.

Today's lesson was on "ea" and "ee", and revision on "sh", "ch","ng" and "th" done previously.

To emphasise the words further with her, I found some words that can make with "ea" and "ee". For example : greet, feet, read, squeak. I made use of these cards which I've bought : My First making words snap and another word snap (can't get picture of it)

Using them, I asked Athena to spell out the words for me. She had to then read out each phonic sound for me, join them and tell me what it is. Sometimes, she'll tell me the word coz' she read it before, but still I'd ask her to give me the sounds of each letter.

Worksheets were printed from the Internet months in advance. Did some worksheets with her.

Later on, I let her do this book. It's rather advance for some words for her level, but I guess it's okay for her to do it.

******************************************************************************
Mentioned before that I wanted to try to bring a book or two out on Wednesdays so that I don't have to rush through on other days of the week.
I tried and it really worked! I don't have to waste that time idling around TM. (normally I drive in to TM early coz' there's parking problem after certain timing. From 6 we'll usually dilly dally until her music lesson at 8.15pm) On Thursdays now, I mainly concentrate Maths with her; let her do some writing (if have time); her music revisions and the normal stuffs.

No comments: