Saturday, May 12, 2007

Children

ARICIA
Can't remember if I've blogged about this. Aricia tends to skip her development milestone.

She didn't start her vocalizing with 'pa' or 'ba' which is supposedly to be firsts followed by 'ma'. We only heard her calling "ma ma ma." Last night we thought we heard her saying "I wan ma ma" when she looked at me and about to cry. I know it sounds ridiculous but we all heard it. Haha! Coincidence I guess.

She's sitting more steadily now. Infact, now she's perfected her lying down on tummy to sitting very well. When she's doing it, I can't help but feel so anxious coz' she looks so fragile.

Early part of this week, I propped her to stand up holding onto the sofa. She was able to hold on and stand up (without tiptoeing). Then she did try to walk a few steps holding on.
At first we thought she's going to skip the crawling part and do the walking, but yesterday I noticed she decided she wanted to crawl and she tried. Very slow.

Buay tahan her sleeping habits. Keeps crying in the night, wants people around her, keeps pinching & digging my nose. That it's so difficult to put her to sleep in the cot. She's been co-sleeping in our bed. I really wonder what will happen in years to come? Probably the same situation as we're facing now with Athena, who still is whiny whenever we ask her to sleep in her own bed. If we had known, all of us should simply sleep in the same room - squeeze in lor........like one happy family like that?!?!

Mention about sleeping and it reminded me of what happened last night. Athena was trying her luck in wanting to sleep on our bed (then hubby will carry her over); I didn't want to waste that time lying down in her bed with her so I agreed. Aricia then started crying for someone to be with her, although she was on helper's mattress. So.. dong dong all 4 were in the room.
The 2 girls fell asleep; hubby also. Then I can't carry the big girl over coz' she's really heavy.I am left with no space, so the next best thing was to push Athena further down the bed. Best part is both my kids follow me - turn to left when sleeping so both their legs kept kicking no matter how I try to push them towards hubby.
Wah...........so happy family hor?? 4 in the same bed. I have no idea when hubby carried Athena back.


Taken on 9th May 07
ATHENA
Dunno if she's really psychological having problem or what. Not that I sukat sukat scream at my daughter for nothing. Hubby sees it for himself, she cries at every single thing (and her tears comes down even much faster) over nothing, over stupid things.
Can't be that she's vying attention in such a way right? Athena learnt this from me, I'll usually ask "who's a good girl put up your hand." Then someone will playfully put up Aricia's hand as well. She's been heard saying this : 1) Who wants to feed me dinner/lunch/milk, put up your hand 2) Who wants to take care of me, put up your hand We usually ignore her or someone will mumble "no....."teasing her Her reply "nobody take care of me...." - so funny! Scaredy cat, tell her we want to sell her away etc.. she shouts "No!" Today furniture came & she got scared. Today, our new sofa came. Apparently the guy called from downstairs and we had to unlock the gate for them. She asked hubby "daddy who's that?" Hubby teased her "I sell you two away", she rebelled. "I sell mei-mei away", she rebelled. I teased her "no.... cannot! Sell che-che away." She rebelled. Then she went to sit on the sofa which I told her "uncle is coming to take the sofa away. If you sit on the sofa he'll have to bring you out with him also." Just that they came in and my little dear girl stood fixed in the kitchen - all quiet.

IGGY
He's all grown up, quite big size.. catching up on Aricia who still seems so small.

Oh... he's smiling now. So cute! And when he makes noise, he's so gentle unlike my girl who gives a loud and high pitched noise. He'll make many girls attracted to him; Aricia makes every guy run away from her.
This week, Aricia kept touching him. She's curious; he looks at her too. I wonder what's going on in their minds. She brings up her leg and tries to kick (ahem.. him) we stop her she continues. And he didn't seem to mind being kicked by another person, all he did was to lie there and play with his fingers.
He didn't seem to want me to carry him now.. but he still responds when I talk or sing to him. Boo hoo.... Ignatius dowan gu-gu already!! And you know so funny, alot of times I carry him and talk to him, I almost called myself "mummy". A few times it really slipped and I did say mummy instead of gu-gu. Not used to it lah!
Can't wait for them to grow up and see how they fight over toys. Haha!

Managed to get a few pictures of them together. Pardon me for the blurry photo coz' took from mobile.
See! He guai guai behave & let me take photo of him. Aricia must move hand; move leg

No comments: