Friday, May 25, 2007

Chinese sinseh

Yesterday I popped by the medical hall to get something for mom. At the same time, I asked the lady about Aricia.

What she said is that she's okay nothing wrong with the stomach (as what I'm concerned); she's prefectly normal since developing well in all her milestones.

All she could recommend is to give her 植物奶 when she's two. I am puzzled at her recommendation. Breastmilk is already considered the best followed by goat milk, but she's recommending me 植物奶?
Now, she's telling me to cut down on her sugar intake otherwise she'll go hyper (everyone knows this fact what?!). With my 烂 chinese, I thought she said Aricia is hyperactive. So I asked "you mean my daughter has ADHD". Puzzled look from her but all thanks to those ah-soh aunties who are so bloody kapo eavesdropping my conversation - a few of them translated for me. *Phew* No my girl does not have ADHD, coz' she saw how Aricia responds. But I don't deny I was worried coz' I ate alot of durians during my pregnancy.

Umm.... not much information from her.

I decided to try my luck the next day at the chinese sinseh (she's rather well-skilled).

This morning I told the sinseh about my concerns. She's really nice, she didn't shun me away or laugh at my stupidity in bringing my child to her when she's not sick. She asked me questions.. BINGO! Asked is it sometime during the 3rd-4th month, her progression is not that good.

She didn't even feel Aricia's pulse. And she told me her stomach isn't that good and all she needs is some tuning. It will take months but that's like what is expected from chinese medicine. It's okay, I'm willing to part with that money in order to make her a bigger size girl. I should cut down on fruits for her for the time being coz' her stomach is 'cooling'.
Aricia's face is 'yellow'. She further clarified that her not sleeping well has got to do with her stomach as well. Huh?

She asked if her PD has said anything. Well.... she is developing okay, and she did double her weight even before 4 months so everything is going on well for Aricia. But you know.. chinese sinseh have different outlook, that's why I decided to take this chance to try it out. Pray hard it works for her.

Ps. Even Iggy is heavier than Aricia?!?!

No comments: