Thursday, May 10, 2007

A breakkie

Had a breakkie (first one this week), met up with Angeline to pass back her books at Ikea Tampines. She first enrolled Alexandra as a Smalish, coz' she just turned 4. OMG! I missed her birthday - 21st last month! Gotta give her a belated birthday pressie the next time we meet. It's a pity that Athena had something to do in school today, otherwise I would have gladly pulled her out from school and let her play with Alexandra.

In the cafe itself, saw a few crew. Bumped into Grace (Peizhen's mummy) and her pilot husband. Seems like alot of crew couple (wife ex cabin crew, hubbies - pilots) living in Pasir Ris. I already know a few of them in Pasir Ris. I have bumped into Elaine a couple of times in Ikea. Funny! Ikea seems to be their hangouts.
Well, Angeline and myself met up some time in January, quite a long time ago if you should ask me, so naturally we were chatting about everything. Umm.. I gotta pop by her place to borrow some VCDs, I think she has more than me. I definitely need some VCDs from her, eg. the Shichida materials that she has.

Oh yes, another VCD I definitely need from her is the Sign language she has. I was raving to her about how blur Aricia looked at me when I tried signing to her about cat and dog, and how I panted like a dog. Yah! That's what the book said!! Neh! Not bluffing you!!
(To think I was thinking of doing it as powerpoint for her. Think save my time, borrow the VCDs from her.)
She corrected me and said I'm wrong. Dunno lah! No wonder Aricia looked at me with a blur look.

Alexandra is such a darling, so sweet with her short hair; so sensible. I see how Angeline behaved with her and can see that Alexandra is one easy kid to bring up. She is so gentle the way she speaks, I wonder why Angeline said "she's totally different." She speaks in a gibberish 4 year-old manner - very cute. And she speaks so soft to her mummy that I was trying hard to listen to what she's saying. Told Angeline either I'm deaf or I'm so used to Athena's loud voice that I can't seem to hear Alexandra now.

About 4 hours later, we parted ways. I need to pick Athena up from school.

Well... look forward to meeting her again, this time a playdate for the 2 kiddos.

No comments: