Thursday, March 15, 2007

Started on solids - a little later than planned

We've finally started Aricia on solids on one of her main meal - dinner- this week.(will gradually add for 2 meals and then 3 meals + milk & snacks in between) Of course as all Chinese would do - the first thing to do is to introduce brown rice porridge (yesterday was white porridge with dried scallop). It was supposed to be introduced to her earlier but due to the 'sunning of rice' late; she fell sick we had to temporary halt all brown rice..so.. only after the clearance from Dr Tan she had her first porridge this week.

Well, infact I wouldn't say this is her first solids because Aricia is a greedy girl. Whenever we're eating, she'd looked on and stick her head forward; open her mouth and wants to eat. Looked on and fret (or rather complain a little) before we have no choice but to give it to her. Then when we start feeding her, she's very impatient. Before you can stretch out your hand to scoop another spoonful; she'll make noise. We've since given her small teeny weeny bits of fish; bread; chicken; tofu etc.. whatever we were eating. Infact have introduced some foods except vegetables and fruits. ?! ARGH! I do not want a (No.2) fussy eater like Athena. Better introduce everything to her..

I bought her Frisocream - meant for breakfast but haven't let her try it.... coz' I'm afraid once she starts on something sweet she might not want the bland brown rice. But I dunno what the heck I was thinking a few weeks ago when I just felt like buying something for Aricia to eat.I was that keen to start her.

I may have to bring out this book now : -
which was lightly utilised in Athena's time. You may like to go into her website here too. If I keep introducing more western food sekali.........end up bringing up an angmoh kiah. That time headache - go on holiday have to find one bloody expensive Chinese restaurant to feed Athena and then another to feed Aricia.

Things I need to do now :
1) look for non preservatived apple juice, maybe I should try organic?
2) try to stock up apples; pears as her dessert. Too early? Too much food?
3) find baby crackers

What I did with Athena was - with the skin peeled and cubed apple/pear. I add a little water and cook it over slow fire. Mashed it up and then she'll be served with a nice warmy apple/pear dessert. I probably did the wrong thing too, coz' when I started introducing apple on its own to Athena; she refused it (thinking it is alien food). But then mom (old folks) will always say "serve a baby warm food not cold food blah blah...." Hopefully better second time round.

No comments: