Sunday, March 25, 2007

Are my ears playing tricks on me??

I swear ............ I heard this a couple of times today.

A couple of times Aricia in her 'about to cry' state for me kept saying "ma............ma..........ma....." Not that she was calling me (I wish) but she's learnt to vocalise new words - I think. And I thought vocalizing means 'lying/sitting down in a relaxed state and a baby goes "oo.. ba...ma etc...." and not when she's in a frantic state.' Quite stupid thinking.

I shall listen again later and the next few days. I can't remember when did Athena vocalize more words but I do remember her (Athena) going "ah bu .. ah bu" when she was about 8 months and crawling. Rather cute and I kept saying that she was calling me. Funny it seems, we always want our children to call us sooner. And when they're older and go "mummy, can I have more pocket money?" we wished they hadn't learnt how to call us.
It's always known that the second or last child usually picks things up faster than the first born coz' they can listen and emulate their older siblings. So I shall see if Aricia will pick up words faster than her che-che. And be faster than her che-che in every academic way.

No comments: