Friday, March 16, 2007

Short outing

Brought Athena out to Paragon to get her easel. Finally! After talking about it for so long; blogged about it ~ it's finally brought home.

She changed her mind to the wooden one in the end, so end up paying more (but I kindda like that too -but didn't have storage space in between) bought her the non-spill container. Was tempted to get the paint brushes but I think I can save $ on that. It's not like my daughter is a good painter that I need so many and expensive brushes. Joyce helped me bring it to the car, she had to walk with me to Cairnhill carpark, couldn't even come into Paragon carpark at all. At the same time Shaz was the babysitter, making sure that Athena is alright in the shop. Well, I don't need a babysitter coz' she'll play by herself but Shaz needed to make sure that Athena doesn't leave the place with a stranger. Shaz is one staff who has seen Athena grown from a small girl to now she is. Athena later asked for a balloon (as usual) from Shaz. Umm.. I do find their toys nice, wonder if they have VIP membership. I think I'll qualify for it siah!

Had lunch at Delifrance, I ordered the d-licious set but couldn't even finish half of the croissant. I forced Athena to eat something there - I was sick of Mum's cuisine; I can't dine into fattening food - Spaggeddies. She had the cinnamon croissant and a mini eclair. She didn't finish the croissant but had some of my soup. Strange?? Normally she'd squim her face when asked her to eat western.

Popped by at Ngee Ann City. First went to Books Kinokuniya where I needed to get some books for the 2 of them. Then went over to Taka Children's Department, bought alot of Pigeon foodstuffs for Aricia; drinks for both of them; toothpaste for Athena. I didn't know they had 20% discount, if not I would have bought more.

She came home extremely happy with all the buys - mainly hers. And she gladly carried the foodstuffs all by herself. Struggling and yet kept saying "I can do it mummy.. I very strong." In the night after her music lesson, I fixed up the easel and she wanted to start painting. But it was quite late & she can do it tomorrow. She listened, didn't argue with me. If only she's this obedient everyday!

Says its for 3-8 years. See this girl! 4+ and she's taller than the easel! when I passed this remark, she overheard it and said "never mind mummy.. I bring my chair and sit down to draw."
Will have to buy chalks next time I'm there.

No comments: