Saturday, March 10, 2007

Her 1st Speech & Drama class

Athena attended her first Speech & Drama class today, she had missed last week's lesson coz' she wasn't feeling well.
She was excited and jumping around when we prepared her in the morning .. all the way to Crestar. She only started to panic when the studio is in Kinderland itself. She thought I've sent her to a new Kindergarten and started whining "mummy, let's go. I dowan to go for class." Then she thinks of any possible excuses to be out of the place. When the teacher is about to start the class, I spoke to him first. Then as I was walking out of the class, she started to well up some tears in her eyes.
A check with her teacher later, she is very quiet and afraid in the class. They had to 'drive around in an imaginary car'. First time he carried the pui pui girl to go around the class; the second time she refused. The story : Little Miss Tiny by Roger Hargreaves

And he chuckled as he related that she promised him the next lesson she will talk this much (using thumb & second finer to measure length). He extended his fingers and asked if she can talk that much, and she said "no, it's enough already."
* A consolation, the teacher speaks very well. He speaks as well as Dr K.K Seet. *

I pretended not to know the title of the book they did today. But Athena told me "mummy, we read Little Miss Tiny today. Dua-kim have the book leh..."
I hope she'll not cry the next lesson. Umm.. I always have to worry about the scare-dy girl.

No comments: