Saturday, March 24, 2007

Small baby

Aricia never fails to get attention from strangers; they either say that she's very cute or very small. Ah...........and when I get strangers asking me how old is she and their eyes gave me a clue to what they're thinking, I'd admit "small baby right". Feeling rather embarrassed, they say "yes, but as long as she's healthy it doesn't matter" trying to be tactful.

Frankly, we do agree that she is indeed small. And although we (hubby & myself) keep psycho-ing ourselves that as long as she's healthy and happy - she's a very happy smiley baby. Well..........and 'very very very very very much' (trying to sound like Athena) active too! We simply can't believe that despite that being so normal - she's small! And kept questioning if there's anything wrong with her genes.
I can't help but worry about so many things on Aricia.
1) I worry if she has ADHD (which Athena's teacher told me - no sign of Aricia having it coz' she response very well)
2) I worry if there's something wrong with her spine coz' she simply refuse to sit when we propped her up. Dr Tan checked, said no problem with her at all. Only recently, she's adopting the tripod pose and stay longer when I prop her up, otherwise that mischievous girl will deliberately use her buttocks to move herself forward and she'll fall flat on her back; then she starts smiling / laughing. Infact, I think she found it fun & amusing herself when she kept doing it a couple of times every day - perhaps she knew she was trying to test my patience.
3) Now hubby worry if there's something wrong with her genes. Oh shit! Is she going to be short like mummy??? Argh! I hope not! Then again her length did shot up from 3 %tile to 50 %tile. It's only her weight that we worry about. Goash! Slightly more than a 5kg rice.

We tried to increase her milk but she simply won't drink much. Infact, I noticed both my gals don't drink much milk. OMG! Can you believe Ignatius is drinking 120ml or sometimes 150ml every 3 hours?? I think that's over-feeding and making his stomach big.

Master Tan did say in his life analysis of Aricia that she has good figure. I don't know what he was hinting to us, that she's probably a slim slender girl as compared to the pui pui Athena??

Research have shown that babies / young children should have sufficient rest. When they're sleeping, they are developing brain cells and they grow faster / bigger. Aricia don't sleep much, she can sleep for one hour and then up for play. (she loves to play). So now, I wonder if her size is really inter-linked??

No comments: