Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bloppers


Blopper 1 ( or infact I should say frankness from my daughter)

After we bought her violin from Synwin last night , we were singing in the car when she interrupted me. "Mummy... I really like that uncle leh..."
"Why do you like the uncle?"
"Because he very pretty."
"Huh?"
"Because he very pretty. I like pretty, I don't like ugly."
"You mean the uncle is handsome?"
"No.. pretty"
"Pretty is mainly for girls. You say a man is handsome." (actually he's quite good looking)
"Yes, he very handsome mummy....."
(bite my own tongue. So small already can tell me this.. I really gotta start worrying and make sure she don't hiao hiao infront of boys next time)

Blooper 2
In the evening, I was in the kitchen and saw that the anti-bacterial handwash has been replaced. I thought helper had taken it from my drawer without my permission to replace it. So I asked her.
"Yah mum... that day the wash I show you? I say come with the wash dishes??"
"Wash dishes? You mean the liquid packet detergent?"
"Yes, I show you the small pack, remember?"
"Yah... but that's for laundry."
"No... you say for machine wash."
"Yes.. it's for laundry."
"But say for .... hand wash?"
"Hand wash.. it means for machine wash and also for hand washing the clothes!!"

Blooper 3

On Tuesday, Mrs Bay come running to us in a very kan-cheong manner.
"Lily, Lily is your house shaking?"
"No..nothing happened here. Is it the construction site again?"
"My utensils in the kitchen was shaking. I got so scared and ran out of my house, I'm afraid my house might collapse."
"Not to worry, if your unit collapse you can come to my house..."
"No lah (laughing), we are staying in the same block."
(bursts out laughing myself for being such a bimbo)

No comments: