Thursday, March 22, 2007

Shichida

Enrolling Aricia into Shichida (hopefully into the July intake since April is fully taken up) since Athena was not in the school. Will enrol her on weekday class as I need to reserve the weekends for school-going Athena.

And why didn't I sign Athena up 4 years ago? At that time (again) it wasn't that widely publicised so didn't dare to try. But now, I thought I can spend my hubby's money to a good cause - I hope, while continuing with what other things I'm doing with her.

Honestly speaking, I thought of doing this Shichida method myself but there's no way to find out whatever is done unless I join the class. And why am I always keen to do everything myself? - coz' I still think parents are the best teachers. And sometimes I thought of helping hubby save the money by DIY-g it myself so that we can retire sooner and travel around the world. Haha! But for this $780 per term fees, I can't help him save it up. Heck lah! My hubby brings home so much every month and this is peanuts to him since I don't sign up Athena in all enrichment classes in Singapore.

Why I won't sign Athena up for the course now?
1) coz' I'm going to use what I've learnt there to practice on her. And I made this funny comment to mom "since she's already stupid; let her be stupid." No lah! Athena I must admit is not stupid. She learns things from all my drilling and she's rather a smart girl. The GD works on her; all the stimulations and the games that I select for her to play somehow did help.
2) I have to make calculations on Athena's current expenditure & must be fair to Aricia:
>>YJC, which will progress into lifelong Electone Organ music lesson
>>Violin, which will be progressed all the way till her neck and arms grow long
>>Speech & Drama, which can be pulled out when I need to put her in for more academic classes
>>In school's Chinese Speech & Drama
>>In school's Computer Class
>>Swimming, which will be for as long as the 3 survival courses
>>Academic classes in the near future since we want to bring up a professional & she's starting P1 soon.

3) Aricia expenditure at this time I can think of :
>>Shichida, which fees can be replaced with total sum of Athena's current 3 Yamaha lessons
>>Gymbabes
>>Montessori preschool
>>Her future music lessons. Keen in letting her learn the Electone organ just like her sister, but just in case she tell me one day she wants to learn another instrument - I have to be prepared.
>>Swimming
>>Enrichment classes


No comments: