Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ignatius 1st month celebration

Celebrated Ignatius turning of 1 month old in the evening. And we were late! All thanks to Athena who simply refused to wake up when I tried; then dilly dally around. Want to clean her face she say "I cannot walk, I very tired." Want to dress her " I cannot move, my legs very tired." Want to tie her hair "my head very tired". Was nagging at her; aggitated blah blah.
Heart was 'poot poot poot' - beating fast; kept looking at watch. I was red in the cheeks (no need blusher) Felt very kan-cheong, sms-ed brother to inform him but dad called.. so told him I'll be late. Never thought of it, my mind wasn't clear at all - should have asked them to continue without us.
In the end, we were there 20mins late! It is too much for me to take coz' I'm a punctual person. But you can't blame if the stupid child wants to dilly dally when you're in the rush to go out right? Sister commented "wei, not shy huh.... so late, want us to put red carpet out or not, VIP!" Was feeling very pai-seh to have 4 tables waiting for us, and it's not the first time that we are late due to a un-cooperative child- we (the hosts) were late for Aricia's full month celebration too! Next time must wake that girl up one hour earlier.

Food is fantastic. Warms my heart when I eat the Teochew food. I didn't eat much, basically coz' I'm watching what I eat. (But I had a bowl of yam - umm... very Teochew dessert and my favourite too!) Secondly, the children seems to be out of the restaurant all the time, so had to make sure they're okay. And a while later, Athena and Anya warmed up to each other. Anya is a few months younger than Athena and she's my cousin's daughter. So.... can we say "she's my niece?" Cousin Benson was commenting that Athena is very tall, considered that they are only 3 or 4 months apart from one another. But I must really kudos to Anya who is able to sit through the dinner and eat all the dishes. Athena, on the other hand, was a barbaric girl kept running between our 2 tables; refused to eat this and that. (I suggested sending her to Ethopia since she don't eat this & that)

Hubby was so surprised at how much Ignatius sleeps despite the noise. He is a very good baby. And Aricia must be the difficult baby!!

Photos at the happy occasion :


Baby Ignatius, you're one month old!

Anya & Athena

Can you believe my paternal grandmother is 99? She's a little forgetful but otherwise she's very good. Must ask her what she eats to stay so healthy... umm... that is if I can converse with her in Teochew.

Our family photo. Dunno why my auntie's maid had to crop both hubby & myself!

Ah-gou and family (with my father- the half bald man- popping his head in the middle). I forgot about the photos until 2 other cousins (Ah Yong & Benson) had left first.

Dad say I look like him? Eeeks! The last thing I want to hear is that!! Think of his receeding hairline... do I have it too?

The favors they prepared for each guests. To think that years ago on my wedding, I had wanted to put favors for the guests and she nag & nag at me. Saying nobody does it at all. True enough, at that time favors were not popular. So I had started the ball rolling. Now she has nothing to say but to say putting favors is nice.

No comments: