Thursday, March 29, 2007

A new member in my 3rd family

I was pleasantly surprised to meet another member of my 3rd family. And how is it that I have 3 families?!

Peizhen, a girl originally from Thursday class just joined us, was accompanied by her mother today. Last week her dad brought her in, her mom chatted with me (trying to find out more about Peggy, and also our conversation dragged on to other topics - as all mothers always discuss : children)
Somehow in the class, she did tell me "you look familiar" didn't struck a note to me, until her next sentence came "were you a crew?" Usually, no one will ever say the word "crew", coz to them crew would mean Fastfood restaurants' crew. But somehow all crews will know who the crews are when they meet. (Oh yes, all crew will know and joke about the very 'senior' conscious crew are. The sentence about "when did you join? What's your staff number?") Immediately we both acknowledged and the very 'crew mannerism' came up and we did the self introductions. And funny thing is, I asked her when she resigned coz' I have no inking memory of her at all (or perhaps so...bump into one another), her reply was "I joined in 1987 and resigned in 2000". Er.... I don't mean to ask her when she join coz' she did look older to me so of course she must have joined much much earlier than me - but see what I mean when I say "conscious about seniority?" Anyway we were pleasantly surprised to meet each other in a music class.

I know there are thousands of crew (colleagues) around & we never met everyone, and chances of meeting one in the streets can be quite high too. But.........now what's that word to phrase it??
Eer.. it's like meeting our own family (and we all knew we were a big family) and strangely everyone behaved the same way when we click together. The very SQ upbringing. When I met up some ex-crew in Cait Lin's party last year, somehow the way we speak automatically switched on to the 'very crew-like mode'. Very strange how humans behave if you ask me.

Too much entries about my previous job in SQ in my blog, I guess. It's not because I'm bragging about the job (what's there to brag since you do get the zapping & bitching about inside) but in that family I was happy; it somehow made me want to go back flying (apart from the perks & good experiences from the job) because of the family.

Welcome to the family, Grace!

No comments: