Sunday, March 11, 2007

Shh.... silence in the library please.. / Her funny English

Brought the 2 kiddos to the library, Athena was bugging me "mummy, you so long never bring me to the library." Since it was an impromtu decision, I only had my IC with me; thankfully hubby had his in his wallet )he normally don't bring his IC out) so we could borrow 8 books.

Aricia was so excited when she saw the books that she kept 'talking' inside and then she was engrossed in a book and 'talked even louder'. We kept asking her to keep quiet, ssh-g all the time. She laughed at us and continued 'talking' as if nothing happened.
The librarian walked over "I was wondering who was making so much noise. You're so small but you've got a loud voice, my dear.." chuckled and walked away. Anyway, we were relatively pai-seh even before she said that, and were on our way out when she came by.

***************************************************************************************************
I was telling Athena that she still has 6 more stickers to collect before I can buy her easel. And we might not be able to get it this week if she insists on staying overnight at mom's place. Then she said "it's okay mummy, I do well-er in my music then you put more stickers for me lah! Tuesday I come back, you give me lesson ; you put 4 stickers. Then Wednesday you put 2 more then can buy already lor..... Like that you dunno." OMG! Did she realise that she's talking to someone who's supposed to be smarter than her?? Anyway, had to ask sister how the heck am I going to teach her this "good, better, best" - now what's this called?? Sometimes she speaks correct, sometimes she makes funny sentences. Perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh with her word usage afterall she's only 5. ?!?!

No comments: