Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Updates

Weekends

It was the school holidays, Yamaha have a term break too. So Athena haven't been attending all her music lessons & her SDrama class on Saturday. Wonder how she'll cope this coming week.

Family went for a short outing. A good break away from the daily mundane duties of taking care of 2 children. Helper at first didn't want to go, but in the end she came along. Thank goodness she went along - coz' I really need a break. If she didn't go with us, I would have to be the one taking care of them again - then depicts the whole purpose of my 'taking a break.'

Went to the Food & Beverage Fair. Didn't eat much at all - simply tempting but glad I held back. The only thing I really sucumbered to temptation was this : - Mango sorbet

Sorbets aren't fattening.. could have scooped up more spoonfuls myself, but everyone kept scooping from the side instead of the top where it's very sweet, not much left.. so I took only a few spoonful and stopped.

All the stalls looked the same almost every year. However one stood out from the rests - perhaps I should say it's because I have a weakness for desserts. I must admit I didn't try this at all. They can be found at Lot 1, Bugis and Vivo City.


Walked around after that or rather had to keep walking fast to make sure that girl don't get lost in the mall - she keeps running & hopping around.
Athena likes bubbles - yes! When a staff in Carrefour was holding onto a bubble gun, she kept looking. Didn't dare to say anything but looked. After a while, she asked to come down from the trolley and came up to me. She spoke in a gibberish language, let her play and then dunno why........decided to buy it for her. I never like to spend money on useless toys but since she loves bubbles & I'm so tired from blowing out bubbles for her - why not?!


Athena

1) This girl is really very ah-nia; very timid. Put her to sleep and she'll whine wanting to sleep with papa mama (dunno why that girl keep changing the way she calls us). And when she cries, she wakes up the easily roused Aricia from her sleep - end up we have 2 crying kids. And the hubby (if he's in Singapore) is oblivious to the noise continues sleeping. I can't sleep in the daytime; can't sleep in the night time. Should be better off becoming an immortal.

2) She can read! Make me so worried if she's having problem reading that I was contemplating in sending her for the I Can Read class. And mind you, my sessions with her is not that many yet. Only started on 2 digraphs on her which she remembered and picked up really well. Now we're outside, she'll exclaim "mummy, I saw 'sh' just now.." "what is it?" "I saw 'sh' 'o - p' " "so, can you tell mummy what word is that? "Shh..o(or)..p. It's SHOP!" "Clever girl". This is one of the instances she'll tell me, of course I'm not saying that she's a genius that she can reads every word to me she sees but when I gave her her book, a new book - she actually read it to me.
I'm so happy..... going to try that again tonight. Try to make her read another book for me.

3) Wants to enrol her in some Math enrichment classes since I got her covered in both languages (hopefully she passes her Chinese well and don't fail becoz' of me). How am I suppose to coach her, I mean daily I ask her "how much do you have here, you ate XX so how many are you left?" I'm basically teaching her simple daily addition / subtraction but I want her to do it faster - like mental arithmethic . I dunno how to teach her, but she can recite the 2 times table for me. Now struggling with the 3 times table.
So, now I'm stuck with Abacus, Enopi, MPM, Kumon. I don't even know which is good.


Aricia

1) Wants to be carried to sleep, and since the long trip when I had to ask KZ to help me make the little one sleep while the big one keeps whining for me...Aricia has gotten used to sleeping on KZ's mattress (even in the night). Once we put her back in her cot; she cries! Now I have to insist asking KZ to put her back in her cot, we can't be spoiling that kid. If she cries, we put her pacifier back in her mouth and tap her to sleep. It's easier, since she's small - we can train her. It's the elder sister that I'm so angry/ worried about. Made the mistake in letting her sleep with us for so long.

2) The Miss Touch-Me-Not (since she cries when carried by strangers) has got very sensitive touch. Her che-che touches her to sayang her, she cries. Probably it's due to the fact that the che-che can be quite chor-lor that's why she started crying.
But it's really irritating to have one baby keep crying for no reason. Then the che-che also fed up, "I sayang you, you cry. I dowan to sayang you already." I tell Aricia off and she also don't understand, it doesn't mean that becoz' she's small I have to keep siding her, right?

No comments: