Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stroller 2

Finally! Decided to look for the stroller at Kaki Bukit today since I'm in Tampines. When I was there, I was surprised to see another shop - Baby Kingdom a few shops away from Baby Hyperstore. Since I parked closer to Baby Kingdom, I popped in and eh..... never went to Baby Hyperstore. Damn hot to walk there to compare prices, and moreover I was in rush to get back to Tampines to pick Athena up from school.

I knew what I was looking for. It was a choice between Maclaren or Peg Perego which can take up to 25kg. I hope kingkong baby's weight don't shoot up all of a sudden ( like she did when I was in hospital)

I was toying with Maclaren Techno XT and Peg Perego Pliko P3 and finally bought the latter after much much consideration.



Why I said much much consideration. It's because, although Maclaren is cheaper by $120 at $330, I did put them side by side to look at the difference between the two & finally bought what I liked (and hopefully don't regret). But I must admit both are smooth when you push, PPg is even lighter when you push. No wonder they say 一分钱,一分货. Now Combi feels like nothing at all - perhaps it due to the fact that kingkong baby has somewhat spoilt the wheels.

I love big baskets just don't ask me why
Mac : basket smaller
PPg : basket bigger but it has this X thing on top of the basket part so gotta put things through the front. Think I should change to a smaller bag for this stroller.

Reclining
Mac & Ppg are about the same

Length
I thought since Maclaren is a US brand, the size should be bigger for the American 'eat burgers & french fries ' babies. But I was wrong, the top part for Ppg is longer. Yup! The spagetti eating children tends to grow longer. Haha!
Ppg is definitely a win for me to suit my kingkong baby (who is tall)

Comfort ( wish I can lie down to feel it myself)
Athena will be able to sleep in comfort in the Ppg without turning to her side to sleep.
The cushion (backing) :
Mac : can feel the aluminium thing behind.
Ppg : can feel it too but not so much. Only setback, I can't use the white cushion thing which I'm using on the Combi coz' Ppg is a 5-point harness.

Others
Mac:
- has this pouch thing behind which I really like - especially when I want to travel light I can bring my coin pouch instead of my wallet & put it inside.
- more compact looking as compared to Ppg
- now that they're clearing the 2005 series, they give a free raincover and a free footmuff. Well... the footmuff looks tempting but I have no idea if we're travelling to a cold climate country before Aricia grows too large for it. (wish we had this before)
Ppg :
- has the bar infront, which I can change to the tray. It also has the cup holder for the thirsty (who's always nagging) mom
- has a footboard behind where a child can stand on it while the adult pushes the stroller. Athena will enjoy this but it'll only encourage her to be lazy.
- can adjust handle to suit the height of the person pushing it

THINGS WHICH I FOUND OUT FROM THE SALES LADY :
1) Maclaren is the trend now (heck lah. I don't care about trend)
2) Wanted to clarify with her the different Maclaren range. Seen Quest & Triump before , so what' s the diff? Quest & Triump can't recline.
3)Overheard another sales lady introducing P2 to another customer, asked what's the difference. P2's Made in Korea, P3's Made in Italy. Anyway, alot of goods are Made in China and the quality are okay, so what if mine is Italian made? what if suay... my piece fails in QC..

Overall, happy with my find.

Oh yes! Tips from the sales lady (which I never knew. If you knew - good for you)
How to keep your stroller
- lock the front wheels in a straight line
- bring up the backrest to the front position
- then fold up your stroller

No comments: