Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Attempts to lactate Day 6 / Day 7 & ... I've lost track

Apparently due to the long absence in blogging (stupid server problem), I've lost track of the days.
To sum it up, not successful!
1) Couldn't do it every feed for her. Still gotta get busy with that big girl. Everytime I try (esp evening time) she'll whine for me.... argh!
2) Holiday season leh.... the mother also take a breakkie, and only did direct once per day.
3) Suckle & sleep. End up syringing it. Tedious? No, but I would say waste of time on the time while trying to make her drink from "me"... not productive. Know what I mean??
4) Read this - THE MOTHER END UP SLEEPING - luckily I didn't drop her

Initially had intended to leave Athena in mom's place for the whole of this week since she doesn't have any music lesson on Wednesday, but didn't know that hubby had taken the entire year off to clear his annual leave... which means he'll want Athena at home & go jalan-jalan.
With her out of the house, at least I can try to fully concentrate on latching Aricia 100%, every feed.

Okay, pumping amount is still that miserable though I've been drinking almost 1.2l per day, and popping in Fenugreek. Coz' technically I need the demand to get the supply.

So have decided to push back Athena's daily home studies (which is to start in Jan), and let her stay in mom's place while I try to be stress-free and give my full attention to Aricia for one week - which I hope is a sufficient time to relactate. Well, I hope I get the full support from everyone around me. If all fails, then I will be more 心干情愿 to stop breastfeeding.

I will still continue pumping that miserable amount to do a direct syring for her. At least it doesn't stop my milk supply for the time being.
As for the LC, I don't find it necessary to see her anymore coz' basically the help that I need now is the latching on (which Aricia sometimes siao siao can get it, sometimes just wants to suckle as a pacifier).


No comments: