Saturday, December 9, 2006

Cate Lin's birthday party

I'm not a little child (in my heart - yes!) to pen down what happens in a party coz' I don't actively takes part in it.

I like birthday parties for the sake of my daughter. I know she likes parties - which child wouldn't? It's an opportunity for her to get to play with the other little friends too! She has this "ultimate shy" nature which she really needs to work on -where she gets STUCK to her parents at a party; where she suddenly gets choked on her saliva that she can't speak to the other parents. Sometimes she does warm up to the other children (almost to the end of the party) and play with them. Come to think of it, she's quite pitiful that she doesn't have a group of little friends meeting / playing regularly ~ at she's like 4 now?!
Holding onto her hairband

On a selfish note, I like birthday parties as I will get to chat with the parent/s of the birthday child. As everyone is busy with their own life everyday, it's the best time to catch up; chat. Of course all these (Athena stays to play with her friends, while I can chat longer) can only be done if I can stay longer in a party. More often or not, hubby will always like to hurry in a party. He don't like to stay long, be it an invitation coming from his or my side.
So I am thankful that he changed his mind last minute. He would have been bored, as her invited girlfriends all came without their husbands - they were out of town (pilots). And he would feel awkward sitting there with a group of girls. And even if he joined Ray Sun (birthday girl's daddy) and his 3 other friends, he couldn't communicate much with them coz' they're all pilots!
It's a blessing that Angela kept the party small, so that we could really chat. The ladies (I think one or two couldn't make it) in the group were Zara and Sonia - ex crew, Angela used to fly for awhile too (but that's not how I met her). And Elaine who's a non-crew but we all could chat together about stupid things. Somehow our conversation can go from a rebonded hair to pubic hair - which we all burst out laughing. Didn't talk much about parenting either, which is good that we didn't sound like Ah-sohs.We didn't talk about what happened during the flying years or bitched about people inside, I think they didn't missed it as much as I did - considering the fact that I was the one who resigned "recently". So... they resigned much earlier and had 2-3 children and still spot slim figures. Argh!
The one thing we can fully agree on - is that we're all chauffeurs to our children. I'm thankful so far my schedule is not as hectic as theirs, but in years to come when Athena's in P1 and Aricia in K1 - I will join in their league. And when I have to bring Athena to more enrichments classes after school, I'm sure then Tan Chong would be seeing more of me in the car servicing centre (high mileage. Now is low mileage so we service our car quite slowly)

Athena took a while to warm up. I am not going to write what happened during the party, so read her blog.

As we tried to get the kids out to play, Zara found a strand of hair in the cake! And then as we chat, Emiline - a french girl came in munching with her bowl of Cheezels; her skirt just dropped down revealing her panty. We all bursts out laughing. Thankfully she didn't cry but she was shocked and shy that she promptly left the bowl on the table and pulled up her skirt, and she was pouting at us. bébé mignon - she spot curly locks just like Goldilocks. Since she was standing next to me, I helped her tightened her skirt.

All good things have to come to an end, I am thankful for Angela's invitation.
As I left the place, I kept looking at the dog from opposite Angela's house which was growling at me when I first came; and looking set to charge at me. The house is very simple and nice (I was looking at all the different architectural houses in Bukit Timah, and this is me!- simple and nice) The fence as you can see is that low, the top of the main gate runs along the same line (so it means the driveway is slanting upwards towards the 'little hill'. I think this must be an expatriate's house. [I mean, typical Singaporeans will have their fence high up. Well, we did have that and even had burglar alarm system - dad installs it for us.]
The second level, bedrooms, are all glass. Good! You let the sun into the house; you remain more cheerful! And..... you see a spot of blue on the left-hand side of the photo? That's the pool! It has this transparent window so you can see any hanky panky going on. Haha! But they're smart enough to know that shows must be kept further away from public's eyes.


No comments: