Friday, December 15, 2006

Perhaps help is on the way??

I remembered seeing the SNS in Mother & Child on Monday, so today decided to head down to buy it since I'm going to try for the last time to relactate. Perhaps I haven't been disciplined enough in putting her back religiously every feed?? Whatever it is, I will try for a few days to put her to stimulate more milk production. Since those adoptive mothers can ultimately breastfeed, what more with me - someone who gave birth and had prolactin, oxytocin and dunno whatever hormones in me due to delivery.

The moment I stepped into the shop, a lady asked "do you need....." before she could complete her sentence I picked up the item. Naturally she was curious why I would get that seeing Aricia (so small) with me. Then I did a little explanation. Her comments was "then why did you wait till now?" I gave her my reasons for being busy (which she probably thought was a lame excuse) but upon seeing my determination in getting her back on, she became supportive. She did ask if I was seeing a lactation consultant, I said "No, but is there a need for me to find one?" She didn't answer. I told her "others go through post-natal depression, I go through this depression." Infact she thought I don't need the SNS as Aricia has no problem latching on. But I did explain that she needs supplement from her EBM or formulas and I need stimulation. The most important question from her was "Is your husband supportive?" "I don't know but he saw the miserable amount I pumped and told me not to pump anymore. Anyway, he should be happy & supportive of me what! If I go back breastfeeding, he'll have an easier job - he don't have to feed her anymore.

We talked and she gave some more advice. I thought she was a sales assistant until she told me "I'm a lactation consultant. Come to me if you need help." The moment I heard L. Consultant, I was so happy. I felt that I was talking to a saviour. God brought her to me.

Some of her advice to me was :
☺ Relax, don't get stressed. If can, put the older girl outside the room when you're feeding etc....
How to? Athena has this horrible extreme jealousy in her now (the way she behaves is really like devil). She's been driving me & hubby crazy with her nonsense crying & dunno what nots.
Drink more fluids especially before feeding
Yup! I know..

Don't run around too much. Rest and sleep more
Oh no! I can't stay at home too long one.... I go crazy. How to sleep when I'm at home or when Aricia's sleeping? Its my time to blog - then how can you read this?

Nevertheless, I must admit that I'll be going back to square one with this direct feed. As if I've just given birth - stimulating her all over again.
It also means that I cannot go out too often, gotta be a good girl & stay at home.

To help myself further, I went to GNC to buy Fenugreek. Being a member, I was able to get the 2nd bottle at half the price. Okay.. looks like I'm all set!

2 comments:

Karmeleon said...

good for you to finaly look for a LC. that's the way to go. Do look for help as long as you need it!

Lily Ann said...

Yup. Thanks! Wish me all the best ya!