Saturday, December 16, 2006

Attempts to lactate - Day 1

DAY 1

Couldn't do much today coz' it's Athena concert and we were all out of the house. But popped Fenugreek when necessary.

4.30pm - At home and tried for the first time. Looks easy to use the SNS. She woke up and was crying, thought she might be hungry..since her last feed was at 2+pm.

Started off with the medium flow as suggested.
(cried)
Wrong tubing? Too slow or too fast?
(cried)
Tube in her way? Far into her mouth?
(cried)
Put her down. Quiet
(slept)
(* slap my own head *)

7pm / 10pm
She drank but her latching on - very lazy. She latched on once and then made her mouth smaller & suckle for fun. I stopped the flow. I didn't want her to know that even by suckling wrongly she gets her milk. She kept going into koon-ning land.
She was angry/impatient and kept crying . I was a little frustrated that the feeding took so long that I had my dinner late -yah! mother also the impatient kind.
Hubby came into the room upon hearing the cries. "No need lah!" - signs of no support from husband.
Aricia suckled again but went to koon-ning land
It was better during the 10pm feed, she drank more before dozing off. But she was 'complaining to me', during the sucking she can make noise like telling me her displeasure or what. Yak and yak until I told her "continue drinking, don't talk." - quite funny
* Worry she might not drink enough, coz' for the past few days (with her formula feed) she hasn't been finishing the prepared amount. And I thought she felt lighter. *

No comments: