Thursday, December 21, 2006

Athena

Spoke to Ms Chan yesterday if she would be taking Athena's class next year, and she said yes. Well, there's s a good point in her taking her class, she knows which stage each children are at. However she is quick in temper; has been seen raising her temper at children.

I asked if she would be doing blends & digraphs with the children next year,however she said her friends are not progressing as well as her. They still can't write certain letters; can't attach the phonemic sounds to the letters. She can't go further at all.

Of course as a parent it only makes me happy to know that my girl is doing well in class. But I do have my other concerns :
- is she too fast or the students are too slow? They are K1 next year leh!
- won't she get bored in class if I make her far ahead of her peers? Then it might lead her to be indirectly slacking/lazy.

I don't know how the teachers felt when I talked to them about their syllables next year, they might think that I don't trust their skills at all. Am I an overly kan-cheong mother?

2 comments:

Karmeleon said...

What are "blends & digraphs"?

Lily Ann said...

It's teaching children how to read the word. Eg. C A T is ke-eh-t