Thursday, December 7, 2006

Athena & her dummy present

I remember this time last year, Athena kept taking out her huge Christmas present under the tree everyday asking "mummy is this mine?" And mind you, I had her pressie under the tree in the beginning of December. You can imagine how frustrated I was repeating the same sentence "put it back under the tree" for the next 24 days x how many times she pull out daily.

This year, the tree was up a little late with her decorating it (quite ugly.. but she's proud of it). Just a few days late and didn't have time to get the pressies until yesterday afternoon. So, what was under the tree are 3 dummy pressies. As usual, she pulls the 3 boxes from the tree. Kept asking "mummy, is this mine?" I told her there's nothing inside the boxes. But she kept holding on to this Robinson wrapped pressie -which when shaken seems like there's something inside - and kept insisting there's something inside. "mummy, can I open this present?" "Okay, if you insist this is your present. Then open it and mummy will not buy you any present since you already had a present." She stopped short and held onto it. I think she understood what I implied.

I wonder what's her expression will be like to see more than 3 pressies under the tree, since she'll be coming home tonight.

No comments: