Sunday, December 24, 2006

Our conversation : The Santa & Bible retold

This conversation happens only about an hour ago as I put Athena to bed. I had to lie to her about Santa coming and leaving milk & cookies for Santa blah blah.... Yah, I know I shouldn't be influencing my child this way... but I was not given a chance to believe in Santa or knew the story of Santa. Yah, ask my mom she say I siao, only got Justice Bao in red suit.
Anyway, you only get to be a child once. A small lie won't make me go to hell right?

M : Athena, you have to leave milk & cookies for Santa tonight. Tell Santa what you want & ask him to put in this bag.
A : Mummy, I dun have milk, I only have chocolate milk and carrot juice. Can?
M : Can
A : I don't have cookies............(about to cry)
M : Have, we have cookies
(leaves a pack of unopened Milo and shortbread on the console next to her bed)
A : Mummy, I open the Milo for Santa
M : No, no. Santa can open it himself (better don't open, otherwise I have to drink it up)
Photo of her / Note from Santa ahem.. moi the next morning

As she was slowly getting into kuning-land.
A : Mummy, where Santa stay?
M : In North Pole
A : Why?
M : Becoz' he needs his reindeers to bring him around to give out presents to children. And reindeers can only live in cold country
(okay... I gotta read on why the North Pole or Scandinavian = Santa)
A : Mummy, Got( God) stay where?
M : Got what?
A : Got stay where?
M : Oh........
A : Or! I know. God stay in a hot country
M : God stay in a hot and cold country. God is everywhere
(as she mumbles into kuning-land)
A : God stay in a garden
M : Garden (without letting me continue my sentence, she rattles on again)
A : Or! God stay in a sand
A : Or! God stay in a boat
A : God stay in a river
M : (trying to connect everything) You mean, God stays in a boat that is in a river?
A : Yes!
M : Which river
A : Punggol river
( *slap head*)
M : Okay.... go to sleep. Santa is coming tonight. It's Jesus birthday tomorrow.
A : No! It's Jesus birthday that day in school. We celebrate in school....
M : Tomorrow is Jesus's birthday
A : Okay, Santa is coming. (being childish myself, asked her this next question) Santa is coming by??
M : By train
(* slap head*)

No comments: