Thursday, December 21, 2006

Baby Aricia

Whenever we're out, Aricia is always mistaken for a younger baby.

Today is no exception, at Ikea two couples sat the table next to us. One girl, Ashley, is 2 & 1/2 months old and is much bigger than Aricia. I gulped when I asked, so they knew my girl must be older than theirs.
Then another lady, told me "your baby only one month old??"

For both occasions, I quipped "she can (mimic finger sucking), one month old?" and laughed.

But it's really funny, I told hubby "I bet amongst all the babies here, she's the smallest." Then I call her 'small mouse' - in dialect.

And the funny thing, is when people ask and get a funny expression on their face. I tell them my child is born small. And then I dunno what the heck these people like to compare, " my child also small what? She/he is 2.XX (- most of the time above 2.8kg)."
Yah, and when I tell them, my child is smaller at 2.3kg then do they realise yah.. my baby small.

I mean, for goodness sake. People always like to compare "my child can do this and that...." then size also can curse their own child for being small?!? Humans!

No comments: