Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas

Well... this mother wants some fun but real lazy to do it. Well, you can't blame me, I've exhausted myself with Athena's birthday party... and like you should know her birthday falls exactly a month before Christmas.

I want to get into the Christmas spirit but I aint a little girl anymore. So.... I pass it on to my little girl (which I know I'll get the tsk tsk from my readers about telling Athena about Santa - when I should be talking to her about God). I hope I have the opportunity to travel to Lapland to see Santa's village and tell him how much I would love to believe in him. But why is it that he never came to give me presents when I had been a very very very good girl all these years (minus my bad temper). And even though we have no chimneys, he could still come rapelling down my block or take the lift. Well... I'm sure he can read - 12 (12th floor)so why isn't he here?

Anyhow, the night before. I asked Athena if she wanted to leave cookies & milk which she did. Of course as a mummy, I cheated on the sweets in her Santa bag. I took the sweets from our fridge and bought her the Toggi mini chocolates coz' she said she wanted chocolates and I didn't want to disappoint her- she knows what chocolates we have in the fridge.
I hid the Milo and put the cookies back in the cookie jar. (haha!)

This Christmas morning, I felt so elated just like I've always been every year. But I know Santa didn't leave any present for me.. Infact I know every package under the tree. Sigh...

I have the family over at my place. Why? Actually every year my siblings and myself like to dine together ( and like we see each other everyday). But I guess it's just a way for us to be closer and talk rubbish. I mean, we were fated to be siblings so we gotta stick together. Okay.. don't cry at my sob sob story. Anyway, hubby suggested having it at our place instead coz' it's basically expensive everywhere. So, we were stuck with "your house or my house?" Then mom suggested my place coz' with one part of the living room cordoned off for the domestic helper to sleep, it didn't look nice to have guests over.
So.. it's at my place and like as if I can cook. All I can do is to eat and eat. So it's not surprising that the bulk of the food came from mom. On our side, we prepared 2 simple nicknacks - sotong balls and sausage. And we bought the log cake.

In the morning, I asked Athena to do the cupcakes. I let Athena do the decorations, wanted her to pipe in the cream nicely with the piping syringe but I think I'll end up dead (from screaming) on the table before she does her second piece. So what I did was to help her spread it on the cupcake. I changed some colours for her too. It's rather simple so I think I will do something more next time.


Once she finished with the decorations, I wanted to collect the cake from Compass Point - only to have hubby nagging "why buy ice-cream cake from Swensons? Waste of money!" I don't know what's his real reason for nagging - too far away? Anyway, the order's been placed so there's nothing he can do.

Read Athena's blog to find out what happened during the simple feast.

I had everyone present to draw numbers and asked Athena to help distribute the small gifts. At first she was so happy and did so well and then she remembered and asked " then me leh..." That girl is so funny. She sat down at the tree, opened up all the papers to select the gift that she wanted. Of course she chose the biggest one.

I had wanted to decorate the Gingerbread House which I had purchased from Ikea. But because it is going to be very sweet with all the sweets and biscuits up on the house. Athena has been coughing quite badly, I decided to give it a miss. Anyway, it won't expire that soon.. so I hope to have it up when Athena's better.

My Christmas present :
What I got from sister is a timer (you know those used for bakery??). She wrote on the gift tag :- for the control freak. I can imagine myself shouting "Athena, I'll give you 5 minutes to keep your toys!" and then start setting the timer. And what my SIL gave me - a Relaxing; New Age CD. Haha! She must have known I'm a highly stressed person.

Feedback : The Chocolate Noel (ice-cream cake) from Swensons isn't that fantastic at all.

No comments: