Monday, December 11, 2006

I feel like...making cake

Haha! I'm referring to the real making cake not the one where you sit on the throne... I am suddenly so inspired (then the inspiration will quickly go off too!) to bake cakes. It is Cate Lin's homemade birthday cake that inspired me that I must be useful for once.

In school I prefer baking to cooking. At home, I don't and is not interested in cooking at all.

I haven't baked for 4 years or maybe more. When I was doing shopping for my then - new home, I wanted a microwave that can bake as well. I now proudly announces that I never even bake/grill or cook a meal from scratch, I only press AUTO REHEAT for the last 4 years . That's why I say I'm so damn useless - I can't cook for nuts and I haven't baked. I should also say I fail my role as a wife to do the simple task of feeding my husband or winning his heart through his stomach.

A trip down to BIY even inspired me more * bake Lily bake *. I liked Wilton bakewares in particular and had seen it in the US but I don't bake so I didn't buy. Since now I can find it here, this might be a hint for me to try my hand in baking using the microwave.(just hope I don't get over zealous and burn my house down)
I got what I needed for all our messing-around sessions.

Since I was in the vicinty, I went over to Tanglin Mall to check out Gymboree. After which the Ah-soh me went down to Market Place to while away the time. Feels good not to have the little one with me........Bad mummy huh?
In MarketPlace, I headed to the baking section first. Then I walked around, and I was pleased to see that they carry those doughed Pillsbury cookies. I used to get Pillsbury & Nestle Toll House's doughs in the US. Works for a lazy person like me; you just cut it and chuck it inside the oven. And you get a nice tasty cookie without sweating away. I was tempted to buy it since I loved the taste so much but I had just purchased the ingredients to make cookies from BIY. Let me try that out first before going back to MarketPlace.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: