Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So...how to be tactful??

How can a person be tactful when the truth speaks for itself?

Today, bumped into this Malay ex-neighbour (who had moved out many years back) at Ikea . And I can imagine her shock when she asked "are you that daughter.. the one who's a stewardess?" OMG! Confirmed I'm fat and Ah-soh looking beyond recognition. I'm only putting SQ to shame for having hired such an Ah-soh before. My immediate remark was "yes. I'm fat." She offered no consolation and said "ai yah.... you have 2 children already of course different."Umm......

I'm simply in denial. Of course no use talking so much when I haven't even find the time to get into the groove of losing weight and looking good. (I'm simply tired with 2 kids) Mom even asked me to change my wardrobe to looser clothings ; looking like her -over my dead body! so I won't look ridiculously funny with flabs bulging here and there. But I won't do it, if I'm shopping I'm shopping for nice and younger-looking clothes not clothes that make me look like 40+ and then having to change again when I do slim down.

I really gotta do something. Make myself look good so that self-esteem is up.

1 comment:

ros said...

I'm not getting any slimmer either! No2w wit such a big tummy, i doubt i'll sli down aft birth!