Friday, January 12, 2007

That's how I'm feeling now


Things are looking up a little, I do not know if its due to cessation of my menses (hormonal changes) or if the relactation did help. I am able to pump out more milk for Aricia. *clap hands* Even if its the former reason that causes it, I think I'll choose the latter to psycho myself - in other words : positive thinking and then it = more milk??
Whatever it is, although it is only Week 1, I must thank God for being there and sending his people (my supports) to help me. Nevertheless, I couldn't have done it without.......


The THANK YOU award goes to (in no particular order) :
Mom - for helping me to put up Athena at her place despite her health, so that I can relactate in a stress-free & relaxed environment. For offering to come by to help in the daytime (though she had to cope with household chores at home)(for what also? Aricia needs to suckle my breasts not hers...oh well ..funny!)
Uma (Lactation Consultant) - for her guidance and encouragments
Brother - who thought I was suicidal and offered counselling (don't worry I won't jump off from my unit - 12th floor too high, die an ugly death..)
Moo Han - for being there and encouraging me (whom I'm still waiting for her to give me her EBMs..heehee!)
BMSG - volunteers who listened to me; replied to my emails.. and never found me to be a nuisance


Here's to more hard work!!


A geez of what has been happening since the last time I blogged on this issue
Wednesday
Was hallucinating that I was in a shopping frenzy.. darn! that bad... can't stay at home long. So was glad that I had arranged to see Uma again today. Glad that I managed to give her a feed at home before leaving home.
Okay.........so put her to breasts when she's more sleepy coz' she's at the age where she can fight back if she doesn't want to go on breasts. Better to offer comfort and not adversion. So it's pump and pump....
Had to bring Athena to her music lesson, suppose to ask mom but coz' I need to know what's happening in her class so decided to pop by. Anyway, it's okay I missed one feed but made sure I pumped the moment I got back home.

Thursday
Although I must admit feeding time is not so stressed now that I go without the SNS, it's slightly shorter and Aricia cry less.. she's happy ; I'm happy. She's still attached to the breasts - good news.
I've been drinking and drinking.. goash I've never drank so much in a day but oh well.. it's a good habit that I should cultivate.
But I haven't been resting, which is one of the criterion for a good breastfeeding routine. But how am I suppose to rest when she's drinking so often?
Umm... milk seems to increase by a few mls. But gradually I see the 'sun' (cheerful) though it's raining cats and dogs outside.

Friday
Same routine as Thursday but I am a little frenzied over staying indoors. Oh my! I'm hallucinating again.. hang on in there Lily, gotta be persistant. Oh dear! It's the weekend already and think I'll be at home?? Maybe hubby wants to go out..how? Bring the pump out like I used to?
I'm beginning to feel so thankful that I had extra hands at home, KZ can help me feed Aricia by bottle after she was on me.. so that I can pump. With that, I was also able to incorporate some reading and M & M'ments to Aricia.

perserverance.. Even if it doesn't reach the stage of a full supply at each feed, I am thankful that I'm able to gear up a little. Meaning : more sacrifices on my part - cannot go out too often, even if I do...not too long.




No comments: