Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Misinterpreted

I speak to Athena in an adult manner, using some words which adults use. (so hoping she'll speak in an adult way) All the time she understands me until recently.

On Sunday, we were on our way home after the Mozart concert. She was trying her luck to get me to bring her go gai-gai. No luck! I told her "It's late now, and you have school tomorrow. We'll talk about it next time." Immediately the girl started crying "why you tell me talk next time? I haven't finish talking now, you tell me talk next time. I haven't finish my sentence." * uh? * For obvious reasons she didn't understand me. Duh!

Today, she was hopping and wanting to run to the aisle which we needed to go in the supermarket - but yet she was delayed with this Ah-soh walking so slow. Naturally I told her "Athena you can go ahead." "Orr...........you tell me to go to my head." *slap my own head *

So how? Speak to her in child-like sentences??

No comments: