Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Oh.. so its the second day of the New Year

Well, I must admit I was busy posting out all my drafted blog entries that I kindda forgot to wish my readers a HAPPY 2007!

Perhaps it was also done deliberately as I dread it when the year comes to a closing end and starts with a new year it also means : adding another digit to my present age. Shit! Yes, when I was younger I would look forward to countdown and remember one year Alyse, Norita & myself were in Manchester and we went pubbing when the older crew were sleeping in their rooms. We were thinking "siao! sleep for what. Let's party." We had so much fun, hugging the strangers there and singing Auld Lang Syne. Now I know why they chose to sleep. Another year, I was flying from Singapore to London and I was worried shit if the plane might go down since all companies couldn't adjust their computers from 1999 to 20'00'. And no need to think about the new year, I just wanted to reach London safe.

Anyway, the children were asleep. We were switching channels in the bedroom, hubby was also reading his book in between commericals, I was on the laptop (trying to write my post-dated entries). Then the countdown began... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 "HaPpY NeW yEaR!!" We looked at one another and said "Happy New Year" to each other in a mono tone ; kissed and continued what we were doing. Boring siah! But at the same time I was hoping that when they sang Auld Lang Syne, I am in some Loch in Scotland with the bagpipes playing the tune...... and then I think about my trip with mom in Scotland and how we were looking out for Nessie. Now, I'm stuck in Singapore - Punggol to be exact with 2 young kids!

And what resolutions are you talking about? Why should someone who hardly keeps her resolution make the same one every year - still seeing that flabs around her waist (or what waist!) Forget about the resolution; just look forward to the year with extra lines on my face. Perhaps I should ask for a genie who can grant me an extreme makeover - lipo; botox;rhinoplasty without pain.

No comments: