Friday, January 26, 2007

All my mumblings

■ Andrea : Athena's special-made bear, which hubby bought from Sydney's Bear Factory, needs battery for our personalized speech. Our lame speech when she presses the stomach or where-ever the thing goes to.
Me : Athena, mummy love you
He : Daddy love you too

Me : You are our sweet little darling

He : Our little princess

Us : And our little angel
We were laughing when we did the recording. I sounded fierce; he sounded tired. It took us 4 times to record this simple statement.
There isn't any Bear Factory here in Singapore , or can I go to Build-A-Bear in Vivo City? I think they should have a similar mechanism in their shop right? Then perhaps at the same time get something for Aricia too?
Meet Aussie Andrea- the illegal immigrant (no passport)
Andrea's Birth Certificate

■ I don't know why I like Crayola stuffs so much. If they thought they are only enticing the little children, they are wrong.. this Ah-soh likes their stuffs too. Her drawer is filled with colouring materials from Crayola, x2 books of Color Wonder..and out of 8 markers, 2's missing. Duh! So had to get her new ones. Was quite frustrated with the usual 8 markers until I saw this. Wow! $22.95 for so many colours! I didn't even know... until she told me "ay.. mummy this one same in Elizabeth's birthday party leh." "oh is it? Mummy didn't see that day." "Yes I know mummy... same same."
And the funny thing is... I always fight with Athena with the Color Wonders. She wants to colour; I want to colour. That's why there's 2! - one with fingerpaints; another with markers. But we still fight! She sees me colouring so nice & she wants to inter-change; I refuse and then we fight. Haha! Deprived childhood! And I'm so tempted to buy Colour Explosion for her.... so that I can colour.

■ Needed to get some new towels from Aussino but was attracted to the Kids bedsheets they had. Don't ask me why but I like their very cute-sy bedsheets and duvet. Two is enough liao, not like we change bedsheets everyday. But when Aricia moves to the big bed...why not?(still a long long time)
Umm.. seem to have problem loading into their website. The ones that I like is the Farm and another one has a Bee on it.

■ Since I bought Aricia the whole set of Baby Einstein.... she hasn't been paying much attention to it. I think she is used to the other video I had been playing for her. In the end, it is KZ;Athena & myself who's watching it. And then Athena will think she's so smart will start shouting the names of the things shown. Today, I was playing the Baby Einstein on TV for her and she stared at the computer I'm on. I opened up the file I did on PowerPoint for her and she was looking at all the graphics. Duh! I turn her towards the TV; she kept turning in the direction of the computer.

■ Again, deprived toys made me so tempted to... I feel like buying them (ahem. okay it's more for me) V.Smile TV learning system. But I have to buy cartridges and cartridges. Expensive! As it is, I have to buy cartridges for Athena's Leap Pap which also serves the same purpose - education! Sigh.. I think I should just stick to my Sudoku game which claims "100,000 puzzles" - think I die also haven't solve all puzzles.

Strange? Athena's been wanting to go to school early this days. I tell you my daughter's 'tao hong'. She'll tell me "mummy, why you drive so slow? Quick quick you go this car then that car..I'm going to miss my Mari Kitata Ra Ya" Trying to direct me how to drive when we're StUcK in the TPE jam. ?!?! Having said so about our National Anthem, I don't understand why she had to add the 'ta' behind 'kita'. Corrected her so many times; she still sings this way.
When she's in school, she'll dance happily. Last year she simply refused to dance. Maybe she's older and more sensible now?
I did tell her that I had to try to avoid the jam, so we have to leave home much earlier each day, and she'll have to miss her Hi-5 and Dora. She tried bargaining with me.. "I watch the front dancing part then I go?" Quite poor thing, this is something that she oftens look forward to in the mornings. Feel pity for her that feel like recording it for her, but I think my DVD recorder can't do the job, we have to change to Smart TV .

■ Had been tagging on my girlfriend's blog. Why is it that people always like to comment "you're so free huh?" to blog. Being a full time mother takes up alot of our time. That's why many people choose to continue working while they leave their children to others . Just leave the blogger alone. Let her/him write what they want; when they want.
But I've seen her schedule... quite jialat coz' her son is in 3 hours nursery, so I can sympathize with her hair-tearing experiences at home. Or maybe not so bad coz' her boy very obedient. I am considered lucky that Athena is in full-day so that I can concentrate on the little one in the day time with all the stimulations needed. It's only the evenings when I have to battle with 2 kiddos.
But I must admit that it does take me a whole day or days just to post one entry.

■ Speech & Drama : I've been stuck at home that I don't even have time to find the place for Athena. I have to put her on the weekends class, and to consider the distance I'm willing to travel every week for her class.
These are what I've narrowed down :
Morris Allen - Kovan
Brightspan - Kovan
Helen O'Grady - Ngee Ann City
Act3 - Newton
Learning Horizon - Punggol
Kidz Playhouse - Punggol
Savaskool - Dhoby Ghaut
Centre Stage - River Valley (found out from Mel's blog & it seems interesting)
Better get my ass off the chair and go into each schools, except for Brightspan & Kidz Playhouse (checked out much earlier)and find out more. Register at one school and let her start. Keep talking about it but nothing's done so far!

■ Swimming : She's 5, and it's time to let her learn swimming. I am going to approach this guy who used to teach at the same time as my instructor in Katong Swimming Complex. Wow! He had been teaching for 20 over years liao - skin all wrinkled up. Good thing is he's in Tampines so easier to go for the class after school.

■ Art Class : Saw a RC organising an Art Class for children near our home. Class is on Sundays morning. The girl's drawing is atrocious beyond words. If she wants an easel, she better draw properly. She's earning the stickers to get her easel - actually I'm playing time that's why.

■ Dancing : Athena likes to dance so thought of letting her learn social dancing instead of the usual ballet. Gotta find out the costs and then see how whether there's a need to give her so many arty lessons.

■ I Can Read : Very enthusiastic to put her in, but now I must weigh what is really suitable for her.

■ Violin : She told me she wanted to play the violin, I don't know if its because of what she saw in the concert or if it's really interest. I don't mind letting her play the violin also. It'll be so nice to have both sisters - one playing the organ; the other violin.
Managed to find out from Jenny where Elizabeth goes for her lesson, so I have additional school to check out. Must see if cost is justifiable.. or maybe I let the younger one play.Umm...










No comments: