Monday, January 22, 2007

Aricia

Aricia has finally learnt that her vocal chords can stretch...... she's literally screaming. Haha! You think she's a small girl and wait till she opens her mouth..damn scary. Mighty lungs! Can win Athena liao.. who screamed when the airport staffs in London had to scan her smelly bear.

You can see her personality slowly showing now. She loves to be cuddled when she's alert, but when she wants to sleep - now - she lets you rock her in your arms and then it soothes her; then she wants to be put down on the bed. It took me some time to realise that, coz' all the while she wanted us to carry her. And she definitely showed more independence as compared to Athena, while I must still say that Athena was a easier baby to take care.

Sometimes I wonder..... what if Aricia was born first? I think I would have been scared shit and immediately go on the PILL.

Aricia loves to stick her fingers in her mouth. She used to refuse the pacifier, but a few days ago she was happily sucking it until I stop my helper from giving it to her (she gave it to her without asking me) coz' I still put her to me once in a while and she'll get confused.
I was thinking that she would want the pacifier once I give the go ahead..but I wouldn't want to risk having : Athena Number 2 - who would always want it. Now I'm wondering if her slight mumbling in her speech was due to the pacifier. But in this case, it's between "sucking fingers or sucking pacifier? Can't chop off the fingers if I want to wean her right?"



No comments: