Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New start for Athena

Well, its the first day in school for Athena. I didn't bring her in to school today, as she stayed over at mom's place the night before. Anyway, I guess she wouldn't have felt any difference in being advanced to another class coz she's still in the same school.
But when I went to pick her up, she saw me and first thing she told me was "Mummy, I in K1 this year leh...." Yah, as if the mother don't know, but oh well what can you expect from an innocent child?
She reminded me again and again (when we were out wasting time in TM before her music lesson starts) that she's "in K1 and then next year K2 and then Primary 1. I will go another school, I will go mummy's school." She also told me "mummy, last year I in N2 I very short. This year now hor.. I very tall becoz' I in K1, then I much tall in Primary 1 (as she spoke, she squatted pretending to be short; bent her knees to be tall and then tiptoed to be even taller - all in the middle of the walkway. ?!?!)
And if telling me that she's in K1 is not enough, she had to tell this old man who works in TM BreadTalk, she fondly calls ye-ye, "I in K1 this year." Normally, she would just run to him, call him and say goodbye. But today she stopped to tell him this. So cute!

Today is also the new start of her new music class. She has progressed from Music Wonderland to YJC. And now then do I understand why girlfriend Jasmine told me that the parents have to do alot of work, and practically teach at home. Anyway, I always revise with Athena her music lesson at least once a week at home so there will not be any changes in this current practice. But it's like.... Oh my goash! the parents better have some musical background to help the child. Peggy went quite fast in her class that no time to take down notes siah!

I thought after her lesson, she would stay overnight in Tampines. Well, she did insist on staying in Tampines, which I thought it's a good idea coz' her lesson ended at 9.15pm... but when she saw my parents bringing Aricia down and into the car, she refused to stay over. And insisted on coming home with me.

No comments: