Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Charming children

I told Athena that today is Elizabeth's birthday and she went "again?" No, her birthday that day, we celebrate." When I tried to explain to her, she was in denial. And asked "Elizabeth celebrate at home?" "yes, she's celebrating with her family" hoping to change subject. Then she asked me again, "is Amanda going to Elizabeth's house to celebrate?" "No, she's going to celebrate with her family, just like sometimes daddy & mummy celebrate for you without your friends."

So how are children suppose to know that adults always like to celebrate their birthday on a weekend, and if your birthday falls on a weekday - then it's brought forward.

When I casually mentioned to Jenny about this, she told me too that Eliz asked her "mummy, why you change my birthday to 14?" Very innocent remark but I thought she was quite mature in her question.


Happy Birthday, Elizabeth !

No comments: